What we're Building
We’re on a mission to make marketing more meaningful by building the next-generation B2B marketing platform.
Our ABM automation platform helps B2B organizations operationalize Account Based Marketing (ABM). With our product suite, revenue teams can get insight into which accounts are engaging, know where to focus time and resources, automate multi-channel campaigns, and measure the ROI of their campaigns.
Backed by leading venture investors and headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Engagio was named as one of the Top 10 Best Small Companies to Work For in the Bay Area, and is on the JMP Securities 2018 Hot 100 List of Privately Held Software Companies. Most recently, Engagio was recognized as the best overall MarTech solution in the 2019 MarTech Breakthrough Awards, named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s 2019 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® by National Association for Business Resources, and ranked among the fastest growing private companies in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times.
This isn’t our first rodeo. Our CEO, Jon Miller, was instrumental in building two of the largest marketing technology companies in the past 20 years including Epiphany (IPO: 1999); and most recently as Co-Founder of Marketo; (IPO: 2013, then acquired by Adobe in 2018). Our Co-Founder Brian Babcock worked with Jon at Epiphany and was also early at Rocket Fuel; (IPO: 2013) and Platfora (Acquired by Workday: 2016). Some of our customers include Atlassian, Snowflake, Symantec, TrendMicro, and Vonage.
As a Senior Engineer at Engagio, you’ll be a key contributor and also leading the architectural decision of our SaaS platform for account-based sales and marketing. Ideally, you’re comfortable going deep on data and analytics, building products to help Engagio’s customers reach insights that transform their sales and marketing activities.
- Great experience in Java server side programming and building scalable, reliable services using a loosely coupled SOA. Experience with Scala a strong plus
- Solid skills in relational databases technologies. Experience with PostgreSQL is a plus
- Experience in distributed caching systems such as Redis and messaging systems such as RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Aptitude for optimizing application/queries for performance
- Proven project leadership skills demonstrated by having led the development and roll out of new features
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills
- Familiarity with agile software management methodologies
- Excellent analytical and design capabilities
- Degree (minimum BS, ideally MS) in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in building scalable, distributed SaaS applications
- Architecting functional and scalable backend services using service oriented architecture practices and software design patterns that help power Engagio's ABM platform
- Designing elegant and clean public facing REST API's
- Developing robust database schemas and data models that closely reflect relationships between entities in the Engagio product
- Building and debugging components of a reliable data ingestion platform using schedulers, job executors and principles of distributed systems
- Improving code quality by building and maintaining a reliable testing framework
- Using agile software methodologies to work effectively in cross functional teams to understand and deliver a product that satisfies Engagio customer needs
- Provide technical support and expertise to support broader strategic initiatives and resolve customer issues
- Mentor junior engineers technically and empower teammates to achieve a higher level of performance
- You will have SSH access to Production and are responsible for troubleshooting problems in Production.
- You will have the ability to view and modify source code in the source code repository and deploy into production.
Build the next great marketing platform.
1. Freedom and Transparency
2. Happiness and Positivity
3. Excellence and Execution
Engagio has many great perks, include:
Free Philz coffee
Medical, dental & insurance
Great downtown San Mateo location
Close to Caltrain
Flexible work hours
Fun monthly events
Fully stocked kitchens
Weekly educational classes & catered lunch
*Engagio is an equal opportunity employer. *
Candidates must complete in order to qualify for the position:
- Criminal background check
- Reference checks
- Education verification
- Education verification