Senior Software Engineer, Application Security
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
About the Role: We are looking for an extremely talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Application Security Team. You will be part of a global agile group that is responsible for building the best in class SaaS platform, deployment infrastructure, and services. The position will require a candidate to design, develop, maintain, and scale Coupa’s platform systems, services, operational automation, and application security.
- Expand the application security landscape at Coupa
- Being a hands-on developer is a key responsibility in this role
- Strong software development skills in languages such as Ruby, Go, Java, Python, or C/C++
- Ability to perform code reviews and mentor junior team members
- Passion for building security-focused features that perform at scale
- Track vulnerability reports and contribute security fixes
- Design and implement application changes to meet security compliance requirements
- Participate in development and operational design reviews with a focus on application security
- Evaluate new security technologies and make recommendations to strengthen our application
- Be a champion of Coupa’s Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC) methodologies
- Work closely with the Operations Security team to review and define our best practices
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Expertise in one or more of the following languages: Ruby, Go, Java, C++, Python
- Expertise in developing secure web applications or microservices Knowledge of common application security issues (e.g. OWASP Top 10)
- Knowledge of identity management tools, SAML, OIDC, and SSO integrations
- Knowledge of OAuth, client-server authentication, server-server authentication
- Knowledge of different crypto-algorithms, such as DES, RSA, HMAC, SHA, etc.
- Experience designing, estimating, and leading the implementation of complex systems
- Proven understanding of software development best practices and design patterns
- Demonstrated knowledge of security/access control, scalability, high availability, and concurrency
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Proven ability to work independently and take projects from design to development to delivery Self-motivated, passion for learning, strong communication skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent), or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of compliance requirements: HIPAA, PCI, SOX, FedRAMP, etc
- Presented security-related topics at conferences or meet-ups
- Open source project contributions
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.