The Consumer Analytics team manages the development and planning of key data-driven analyses to support the overall Marketing vision. The team measures the impact of marketing programs, leverages data to make better marketing decisions and serve insights with strategic implications.
The Senior Retention Analytics Manager is passionate about solving business problems and effective at turning large datasets into actionable insight. They excel at data mining, analysis and are highly skilled at visualizing and communicating insights to leadership. They will be using data and customer insights to understand the key drivers of customer behavior and assist in developing strategies to better retain and serve our existing customers.
- You'll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects using your data warehousing and analytics expertise, manage project schedules, identifying risks, and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders.
- Provides oversight and/or leads major projects that inform the growth and marketing strategies essential to retention, lifetime value, and profitability.
- Analyzes data, develop core dashboards, reports and dashboard tools
- Oversee the design, execution, and analysis of A/B and multivariate tests to enable data-driven decision making
- Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to attribute key business drivers
- Defines metrics that tie back to business performance and initiatives
- Creates and maintains dashboards and visualization tools to facilitate reporting and campaign optimization
- Serves as strategic thought partner on marketing outcomes and campaign optimization
- Presents findings to internal stakeholders and leadership
- Works closely with channel managers to identify key questions, problems, KPIs and develop analytical frameworks to drive campaign performance
- Collaborates with channel managers to develop rigorous marketing experiments and incrementality tests.
- Performs data investigation by reviewing pipelines and uncovering and fixing issues across internal and external sources
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years' experience working in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, or a similar role
- Advanced SQL capabilities - ability to write complex and optimized queries to extract data from our data warehouse
- Proven experience uncovering hidden insights or complex patterns through advanced multi-variate data mining techniques on un-structured business problems
- Experience building intuitive and actionable dashboards and data visualizations that drive business decisions (Tableau, Amplitude or similar BI platforms)
- Experience in automating and building reporting pipelines
- Experience using R or Python or a similar scripting language for statistical modeling
- Skilled in tailoring insights to present clearly to technical and non-technical audiences
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis or similar quantitative fields
- A degree in economics, operations research, mathematics, statistics, engineering, psychology, or another field with quantitative roots and demands
- Excellent problem-framing, problem-solving and project management skills
- Experience communicating with cross-functional stakeholders
RAKUTEN SHUGI PRINCIPLES
Our worldwide practices describe specific behaviors that make Rakuten unique and united across the world. We expect Rakuten employees to model these 5 Shugi Principles of Success.
- Always improve, always advance. Only be satisfied with complete success - Kaizen.
- Be passionately professional. Take an uncompromising approach to your work and be determined to be the best.
- Hypothesize - Practice - Validate - Shikumika. Use the Rakuten Cycle to success in unknown territory.
- Maximize Customer Satisfaction. The greatest satisfaction for workers in a service industry is to see their customers smile.
- Speed!! Speed!! Speed!! Always be conscious of time. Take charge, set clear goals, and engage your team.