What we're Building
We’re on a mission to make marketing more meaningful by building the next-generation B2B marketing platform.
Our ABM automation platform helps B2B organizations operationalize Account Based Marketing (ABM). With our product suite, revenue teams can get insight into which accounts are engaging, know where to focus time and resources, automate multi-channel campaigns, and measure the ROI of their campaigns.
Backed by leading venture investors and headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Engagio was named as one of the Top 10 Best Small Companies to Work For in the Bay Area, and is on the JMP Securities 2018 Hot 100 List of Privately Held Software Companies. Most recently, Engagio was recognized as the best overall MarTech solution in the 2019 MarTech Breakthrough Awards, named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s 2019 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® by National Association for Business Resources, and ranked among the fastest growing private companies in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times.
This isn’t our first rodeo. Our CEO, Jon Miller, was instrumental in building two of the largest marketing technology companies in the past 20 years including Epiphany (IPO: 1999); and most recently as Co-Founder of Marketo; (IPO: 2013, then acquired by Adobe in 2018). Our Co-Founder Brian Babcock worked with Jon at Epiphany and was also early at Rocket Fuel; (IPO: 2013) and Platfora (Acquired by Workday: 2016). Some of our customers include Atlassian, Snowflake, Symantec, TrendMicro, and Vonage.
Account Development is a starting point for a career in technology sales. This role is your chance to get in on the ground floor of a company with an executive team familiar with the growth and success necessary to accelerate careers. It is also an opportunity to transition into other roles in the company (AE, Customer Success) depending on availability, etc.
- Educate prospective customers on Account Based Marketing
- Use sales prospecting software to create relationships with buyers
- Work closely with Marketing and Account Executives to develop and implement account communication plans (“Plays”)
- Infuse the sales floor with energy and positivity
- Exceed weekly/monthly goals for meetings, pipeline, and activity
- Log all activities and notes in Salesforce
- Work the booth at tradeshows, events, and conferences
- Be comfortable making phone calls in an open and positive environment - you are Fearless
- Ability to craft highly relevant emails that engage senior executives
- Track-record of success at previous jobs or in college / high school (includes any sports-related achievements)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An infectiously positive attitude and outlook (no Negative Nellie’s here)
- You take pride in your work, but don’t take yourself too seriously. Rejection is a part of this job. You have thick skin.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
Build the next great marketing platform.
1. Freedom and Transparency
2. Happiness and Positivity
3. Excellence and Execution
Engagio has many great perks, include:
Free Philz coffee
Medical, dental & insurance
Great downtown San Mateo location
Close to Caltrain
Flexible work hours
Fun monthly events
Fully stocked kitchens
Weekly educational classes & catered lunch
*Engagio is an equal opportunity employer. *
Candidates must complete in order to qualify for the position:
- Criminal background check
- Reference checks
- Education verification
- Education verification