At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. Through a blend of guidance, service and technology, we are revolutionizing the way employee benefits, 401(k), insurance and HR are experienced by companies and their people.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive everyday to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
What does the job entail?
The Premium Analyst will be responsible for producing and reconciling consolidated premium invoices for clients participating in the Sequoia Tech Program. The Sequoia Tech Program is an innovative benefits solution focused on increasing value and decreasing healthcare costs for the world’s most dynamic high-tech companies. This team member will be part of an agile team that lives within Sequoia’s Product, Technology, and Operations organization.
What You'll Do
- Utilize Sequoia’s proprietary invoice platform to generate monthly consolidated benefit invoices for clients and corresponding carrier premium remittance reports
- Initiate client ACH debits and carrier wire transfers for payment of benefit premiums
- Reconcile premium data on benefit invoices and enrollment data in client benefits administration systems (e.g., ADP, bswift, PlanSource, Workday)
- Work cross-functionally across Sequoia’s Market Analyst, Client Service, Client Operations, and Technology teams to research and resolve billing discrepancies with carriers
- Upload and reconcile invoice details to NetSuite to manage premium accounting
- Partner with internal and external development teams to prioritize, implement, and test system bug fixes
- Provide input on the future roadmap of Sequoia’s consolidated invoice platform and be a key player in defining the business requirements and logic required for development
- Identify and drive process improvements that result in internal and external efficiencies and accuracy
- Create and update team process documentation, including contributions to Sequoia’s internal Knowledge Base
What You'll Need
- 2-5 years of experience in finance/accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or mathematics
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Team player and proactive self-starter
- Experience with Salesforce, JIRA, and NetSuite is a plus
What Success Looks Like in the First 3 Months
- Discrepancy management process
- Netsuite reconciliation
- Complete invoices using process documentation independently run and reconcile invoices.
• Passion for service
• Growth oriented
• Caring for others
• Focused on relationship building
• Meaningful & Fun
What can we offer?
Competitive salary + performance-based bonus programs
Great health insurance + wellbeing package
401k retirement savings plan