We're looking for open-minded individuals who want to expand the ways technology can help people. We work fast, collaborate, and celebrate as a team. We're united by a commitment to shaping Tile's culture around the needs of our colleagues and customers, and by our desire to build a diverse and welcoming workplace.
At Tile, we're building a world where everything that matters can be found. Our services help people find millions of lost belongings every day. Now, we're exploring new ways to ensure peace of mind. The Tile subscription provides reassurance for the long-haul. And we're expanding our reach through major partnerships, bringing Tile technology to everything from headphones to travel gear. There are countless ways to use a Tile. We face a striking range of opportunities. But we abide by a simple creed: Together we find.
Our small but mighty team pioneered the idea of the finder, and our leaders draw on their deep experience defining and growing new markets. We're united by a commitment to shaping Tile's culture around the needs of our colleagues and customers, and by our desire to build a diverse and welcoming workplace for future Tilers of all stripes. We designed our values together, and now they inform everything we do—from hiring and performance reviews to product decisions and partnerships. We're proud of our Great Place to Work certification and proud to have support from Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital, and Francisco Partners.
About the role
We are looking for a data-driven Performance Marketing Director who will be responsible for driving new customer growth across paid media channels. As a seasoned paid media expert, they will be hands-on in the planning, development, and execution of all media buys. This role must deliver against aggressive business goals which include managing investment efficiency.
Both analytical and imaginative, the ideal candidate must be able to understand performance data and derive actionable insights that will help optimize paid media strategies. We are looking for a self-starter who thrives in fast-paced environments and can roll up their sleeves to build and actually launch campaigns from various platforms (emphasis on Facebook, Instagram, TV, Podcasts, Search, Shopping and YouTube)
- Manage the entire paid media strategy and campaign execution to increase lead generation and optimal ROAS.
- Own the bottom line on all performance marketing programs as a profit-generating channel for the business.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams such as marketing analytics and data science to drive standard methodologies, identify testing opportunities, and develop roadmaps.
- Lead campaign launches, optimization, and reporting inclusive of creative, campaign setup, audience targeting, and budget management.
- Nimbly lead and measure performance across an evergreen portfolio of paid channels, but execute ad hoc strategic campaigns with separate goals and budgets as the landscape shifts.
- Manage paid search, affiliate/content syndication, and paid social with the goal of driving cost-effective, high quality leads.
- Develop and implement testing strategies to improve KPIs including creative/copy testing, audience segmentation, ad placements, and retargeting strategy to maximize full-funnel performance.
- Work through automation, tagging, feeds and data integrity issues with cross functional partners in Product, Engineering, and Analytics as needed.
- Build out tracking and reporting to monitor and optimize performance.
- Work with marketing creative production teams to drive day-to-day asset builds
- Work closely with other channel managers to share findings and align potential tests/experiments across channels and regions
- Leverage Searchlight and partner with our organic content team to build our SEM strategy
Key Working Areas
- Program Strategy: Partner with brand and product teams to unlock and spend into existing social channels: FB/IG while building out a strategy to expand media mix
- Experimentation: Craft the experimentation strategy (media, creative testing, audience, budget, important metrics) and report on program performance
- Measurement: Own and develop measurement requirements to enable performance marketing levers for paid social and new media expansion.
- Cross Functional: Own communication and reporting cadence with key partners
- 7+ years of direct, hands-on experience managing paid media (search, display, social) in-house.
- Additional experience in managing other digital marketing channels such as TV, radio a plus
- Experience using online advertising solutions such as Google Adwords, Facebook Ad Manager, etc.
- Deep familiarity with all digital marketing metrics including CPL, CPA, CPC, CPM, LTV and ROAS
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills with an impeccable eye for detail
- Strong Excel skills with experience building pivot tables, multi-function formulas and graphs.
- Superb written and oral communication skills; excellent presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a broad spectrum of both internal team members and external vendors/partners
- You are relentlessly resourceful. When something needs to get done, you always find a way to make it happen.
- Bachelor's Degree
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.