Jupiter helps communities and private enterprises worldwide better predict, plan for, and mitigate the impact of climate change—empowering them to be more resilient, agile, and effective in meeting the massive challenges climate change imposes.
We’re thought leaders in data, climate, and earth and ocean-system science; advanced technology; private business; and public policy. We offer climate risk modeling solutions that can save lives and mitigate the potentially catastrophic impacts inflicted by hurricanes, floods, heat waves, wildfires, drought, and other extreme weather events on homes, businesses, infrastructure, food and water supplies, and entire economies.
We seek new colleagues—data scientists, physical scientists, software engineers, business professionals, and more—who share our passion, commitment to excellence and innovation, and collaboration. Together, we can help make the world a safer place for our generation, and those who come after us.
We are looking to hire an experienced and talented Human Resources professional who is energized by working in a fast-paced, high-growth company. You are passionate about people and thinking about new ways to keep employees engaged in a competitive job market. You will assist the COO with developing and implementing innovative programs. You will also be responsible for providing administrative support for payroll, compensation & benefits, recruiting, compliance requirements, and employee on-boarding and off-boarding processes. The HR Manager is a full-time, exempt position. The role reports to the COO.
Bringing diversity to prepare a diverse planet for our changing climate
Jupiter was founded on the principle that with the right approaches and the right team, we can prepare Earth’s economies to meet the challenges associated with climate change. The world is a diverse place; a diverse workforce in an inclusive environment is essential to meet our goals. We go forward together.
Duties and Responsibilties
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of employee handbook and personnel policies and procedures, in conjunction with senior management.
- Performs benefits administration
- Conducts recruitment efforts; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing programHandles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Excited about being the sole HR professional in a growing company, and growing the department as the company scales
- Demonstrate ability to provide excellent customer service to our most valued customers in HR – our employees
- Tackle challenges with a solutions oriented approach
- Be strategic and analytical, but also enjoy the administrative aspects of the role
- Take pride in producing quality work while being able to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Regular attendance in office is required as part of position
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Five to seven years combined human resource management experience preferred
- Solid understanding of federal and state employment regulations
- Strong references
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to us to see if there might be a great fit.