We are looking for an exceptional front-end web developer to join our team building hosted web application using Ruby on Rails. This is a cross-functional role lying between hard-core backend software development and web design.
Pluron, Inc is the maker of Acunote, online project management software for Agile development. We are based in Foster City, CA. This job is with our R&D group in Ukraine (Kiev and Nikolayev), but we will consider qualified candidates elsewhere.
Qualifications (several are desirable, NOT all are required)
- Extensive experience developing interactive web applications
- Extensive experience with cross-browser issues
- Ability to create user intefaces that are professional, functional and great looking while making appropriate tradeoffs between the looks, functionality and code complexity
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Good English
- Active participation in open-source projects, mailing lists, blogs
- Good writing skills
- Computer Science or related degree
- Appreciation of usability and functional beauty
- HCI/industrial design/art background
- Experience with several programming languages
- Good UNIX experience
- Experience with source control tools, e.g. Subversion, Perforce, Git, ClearCase, CVS
- Mastery of an advanced programmer's editor — Emacs, vi, Eclipse, KDevelop, etc.
- Experience with graphical editors like Photoshop, Gimp, Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape
Please send your resume and cover letter as plain text, PDF, or MS Word to . Please include your name in the Subject of the email.