Engineering Lead - Computer Vision
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 12,000+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
We are actively looking for Computer Vision Engineering Leads (EL) to help grow the team and product. As an EL on the Computer Vision team, you will be the architect, designer and coder of the project. You'll work closely with the product management, software and hardware engineers to make the team's vision a reality. You'll have the opportunity to lead cross-team efforts, mentor your team members and establish engineering best practices across Verkada.
- Work with a small team of engineers and drive the key technical roadmap
- Potentially support a small to medium sized engineering team on career development;
- Align with product and org objectives, and coordinate with cross-functional teams on delivering key results;
- Define long term technical roadmap for the team;
- Contribute to technical decisions on projects among the product.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics or similar technical field of study
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Deep technical understanding of computer vision and machine learning
- Familiar with state of the art CV/ML models and tools
- Experience technically leading a team and driving technical directions
- Experience managing projects spanning across multiple teams
- Experience in Python and/or C++
- Strong written and verbal communications
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager is a plus
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.