At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. Through a blend of guidance, service and technology, we are revolutionizing the way employee benefits, 401(k), insurance and HR are experienced by companies and their people.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive everyday to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
What Does the Role Entail?
As an integral member of our Business Intelligence and Analytics Team, the Data Architect will be responsible for the design, architecture, development, implementation, and support of critical enterprise E2E Business Intelligence EDW solutions in MySQL or Snowflake as well as sourcing data from MySQL, Snowflake, Salesforce (SFDC), and other data sources.
You will handle the product's or project’s conception, design initial product specifications and lead scheduling, estimate and secure resources, as well as provide technical guidance to other internal and external teams. You will help train new employees and stay ahead of industry trends and issues.
What You'll Do
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company data
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming
- Optimize new and current database systems
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they follow internal and external regulations
- Install and organize information systems to guarantee company functionality
- Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams
- Lead all aspects of the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, fixing, and integrating new features
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems
What You'll Need
- Advanced working knowledge and ability to write complex SQL queries in MySQL, Snowflake, and Salesforce (SFDC) environments
- Extensive hands-on experience working with SQL and Python for the purposes of data transformations and ETL
- Strong familiarity with Kimball, OLAP, and EDW data design methodologies, especially for healthcare and benefits datasets
- 8+ years experience in data modeling and architecting, ETL, data engineering, or BI fields with concentration on data transformations and data modeling
- Strong prioritization and time-management skills
- Be a consummate collaborator, able to establish good relationships with technical, product, and business owners
- Be a champion of quality, able to QA and vouch for the integrity of the report output
- Maintain business partner engagement and set expectations
- Be able to assess current processes and recommend changes as needed
- Document and communicate technical specifications to ensure that proper and optimized techniques, queries, data standards, and final outputs are understood and incorporated into data and analytics processes
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required user-friendly environments, reports and dashboards, built from potentially multiple data sources
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Understanding of various data extraction and transformation techniques
- Working familiarity with Salesforce (SFDC)
- Knowledge of Mulesoft
- Familiar with data visualization standard methodologies
• Passion for service
• Growth oriented
• Caring for others
• Focused on relationship building
• Meaningful & Fun
What can we offer?
Competitive salary + performance-based bonus programs
Great health insurance + wellbeing package
401k retirement savings plan