PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Data Analyst - Consumer Experience
San Mateo, CA
What You Will Be Doing:
Data is central to PlayStation's decision-making process, and analysts are essential to driving data driven decisions throughout the organization.
Do you have a passion for data and deriving insights from large datasets?
As a Data Analyst, you will be working in a dynamic environment within the global Consumer Experience team where you will be leading the way for high quality, high velocity decisions for the team in a global environment!
- Evangelize data knowledge and insights: handle communications with your partners and other teams both locally and globally, collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues to complete data projects and ensure all parties can use the insights to further improve
- Maintain a customer-centric focus: strive to be a domain and product expert through data, develop trust among your peers and partners, and ensure that your team has access to data to make decisions
- Prioritize and execute in the face of ambiguity: work with partners and mentors to distill the problem, adapt your tools to answer complicated questions, and identify the trade-offs between speed and quality of different approaches
- Create analytical frameworks to measure team success: partner with cross-functional teams to define success metrics, create approaches to track the data and resolve errors, quantify and evaluate the data, then develop a common language for all colleagues to understand these critical metrics
- Operationalize data processes - provide the team with ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools so that everyone gets a good sense of the state of the business
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 5 to 7+ years experience in analytics/data science roles
- Experience in managing partners and distilling complex requirements into analytical solutions
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis and experimentation, and capacity to drive conclusions from the analysis
- Ability to work across disparate data sources to obtain sensible results
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in quantitative discipline (Economics, Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or MBA with emphasis in analytics)
- 4+ years analyzing large multi-dimensional data sets using data/statistical tools such as R, Python, SAS, SPSS and Excel.
- Experience utilizing tools like Tableau, HighCharts, Qlikview
- Linux skills (shell scripting, Java, PHP, etc.)
- A strong passion for data, charts, analysis, trends, and evangelizing data usage
- Ability to draw conclusions from data and provide recommendations
- Experience working and communicating within a global context
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing and Service Cloud technologies
- Data modeling skills with the ability to understand, create, and maintain data models
- Presentation skills including creating Keynote/PowerPoint presentations
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.