Substitute Instructor (CTT)
Responsible to provide overall management to assigned functions. Ensures students achieve educational and industry-recognized training leading to full-time jobs, higher education or advanced training. Provides students with comprehensive and individualized case management that ensures student progress, retention and completion of the Job Corps program. Ensures Wellness Services are provided as prescribed in the PRH. Acts as a liaison between Center and Adams Corporate Offices regarding Center activities and contract compliance.
Responds to Company and DOL requests in a timely and professional manner. Analyzes systems/data and uses judgment and discretion to resolve issues including policy interpretation and decisions to staff. Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information and integrity of student data.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISION
Supervises and manages the Student Services and Department. Serves as the Lead Adams and Associates, Inc. Director at the Site of Operation.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data. o Ensures Center meets or exceeds DOL/Company performance goals.
- Responsible for the daily management, supervision and direction of Support Services, which encompasses Social Development, Dorm Life, Recreation, Career Transition Services, Wellness Services, Counseling and CPP, Human Resources and all related activities. Ensures a well maintained, attractive and safe Center environment for students.
- Adheres to all DOL/Company-approved Human Resources policies and ensures all staff are provided with a nondiscriminatory work environment with equal opportunity and treatment. o Ensures effective resource management to maximize overall Center performance.
- Fills staff vacancies in a timely manner. Effectively motivates, empowers and requires staff to perform his/her job responsibilities.
- Employs sound time-management and delegation skills. Holds staff accountable for producing quality work, develops staff for career progression and disciplines staff that fail to meet goals. o Provides required/supplemental training for new and current employees.
- Motivates and manages staff to work effectively, creates a supportive work environment, recognizes staff accomplishments and proactively addresses staff performance concerns.
- Develops Center-beneficial linkages within the community for education, employment, Career Transition Readiness and WBL. Promotes a positive image of the Center and Job Corps and establishes meaningful relationships with elected officials.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions. Has dual reporting relationship with the Center Director and Adams Contract Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned. i
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree from an accredited school required. A valid in-state teaching certificate preferred. Previous teaching or Job Corps experience preferred.