Established in Austin in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas, a private, non-profit, 501(c)3 organization, has become a multi-dimensional non-profit deeply entwined with business and job growth, the environment, and the overall spirit of Central Texas. Goodwill empowers more than 13,000 people each year, helping them fulfill their potential, improve the lives of their families, and contribute to the growth of the community. Goodwill, in collaboration with an extensive network of practical, thoughtful assistance-providers, actively strives to broaden its scope of education, job training, and business services in alignment with the core mission of generating lifelong connections to work
Custodians work in various settings and are responsible for the general upkeep of a building. They are key members of the custodial team who work collaboratively with Custodial Team leads to provide quality custodial services to our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean restroom, toilets, sinks floors, urinals, and mirrors, fixtures, using toilet brush, sponge, and disinfectants and cleaning solutions.
- Spot clean doors, partitions, walls, windows and all horizontal surfaces.
- Restock paper supplies and empty trash to designated location.
- Clean floors. If carpeted, vacuum daily and shampoo as specified in contract. Other surfaces sweep and mop daily, strip, wax, and buff as specified in contract.
- Comply with all safety rules, standards, and regulations.
- Mix chemical solutions in safe and efficient manner.
- Display positive attitude and pride in correct, representing the organization in a positive manner.
- Display the highest ethical standards when making decisions related to our people and business.
- Participate in all required meetings.
- Adhere to assigned work schedule.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Support service recipients, supervisors and Custodial Team Leads at assigned contract sites.
- One to three months previous cleaning or related experience. Approved custodial training program may substitute for experience.
- Ability to lift fifty pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check (subject to requirements of assigned site client).
- Depending on service contract, may require documentation of a disability.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- One year of previous custodial experience in a federal contract or commercial cleaning site.
- Ability to operate a variety of buffing machines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Post offer background check is required to ensure applicant meets all eligibility requirements for the assigned customer/location. Alternative work locations may be offered as appropriate.