Career Counselor (Human Svcs)- Case Manager
Responsible for providing personal/career counseling for students to enhance student employability and to ensure continued enrollment and quantifiable success in the Job Corps program. Identifies and remediates student barriers to success and develops individualized student career educational plans. Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information and integrity of student data.
May be assigned Acting Career Development Manager in Career Development Managers absence.
- Ensures student case load meets or exceeds DOL/Company performance goals.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data. Ensures area of oversight is compliant with all PRH and Company SOPs, directives and guides as evidenced by DOL/Corporate assessments/data integrity audits.
- Responsible to provide students with comprehensive and individualized case management ensuring student progress, retention and completion of the Job Corps program. Establishes supportive/mentoring relationships with students throughout their enrollment and provides personal, educational and career counseling.
- Provides ongoing assessment of student progress in Academics, Career Technical and Independent Living.
- Develops and updates student Personal Career Development Plans.
- Coordinates services for students (on-Center and off-Center) to ensure student retention and success in the program.
- Routinely evaluates and documents student performance using case management system.
- Contributes to the Center's culture by treating students with care and respect, assisting students achieve personal and career goals and ensuring students feel safe and welcomed during enrollment
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities.
- Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelors degree (including at least 15 semester hours in Social Services-related instruction) required. A minimum of one-year experience in counseling or related field. Prefer previous Job Corps or related program experience. Must possess a valid in-State Drivers License and meet Company insurability requirements.