We are a global leader in the irrigation, outdoor lighting, dispensing technology, and custom manufacturing industries. Driving our continued success is the combined energy and talents of the nearly 3,000 people on our team. Together, we create a diverse array of products that can be seen all over the world, from residential landscapes to national landmarks, stadiums, parks, hotels, and municipal buildings. Although we're global, we're family owned, and our casual, fun, and caring company culture is what makes this a special place to work. As we grow, we are dedicated to preserving our unique culture that makes our employees proud to work here. Whether you're pursuing a career at our headquarters in Southern California, or an opportunity at one of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, or something somewhere in between, we look forward to welcoming you to Hunter Industries and our Family of Companies.
About This Role:
The Quality Assurance Auditor I, relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to inspect, test or audit processes, procedures, component parts, and assembled parts or products for defects, wear, and deviations from specifications.
Demonstrates behavior consistent with the company's values of Customer Satisfaction, Innovation, Family, and Social Responsibility.
Essential Job Functions/Tasks:
- Discusses inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommends necessary corrective actions.
- Inspects, tests, audits or measures materials, parts, products, installations, processes, and procedures for conformance to specifications.
- Notifies Supervisors and other personnel of problems, and assists in identifying and correcting these problems.
- Discards or rejects products, or materials not meeting specifications.
- Stores completed documents in appropriate locations.
- Prepares and maintains reports and records using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Enters data, maintains records, and routes reports to assigned department.
- Performs inventory transactions in Enterprise Resource Planning software.
- [Warranty] Examines, inspects, and re-packages containers, materials, and products to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- [Warranty] Dispositions products received under predefined conditions and assist other departments in assigning dispositions under predefined conditions.
- [Warranty] Receives, identifies, and records the product, quantity and manufacturing date for returned products.
Other Job Functions:
Provides support and assistance in all areas of the department. Keeps work area clean and orderly. Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
Hunter Industries' approach to the health and safety of each employee is based on adherence to our Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). Every employee is responsible for their safety and must work safely at all times. Employees are to immediately report all unsafe or hazardous conditions, including injuries and near misses to their Supervisor, Environmental Health & Safety Department, or Workers Compensation Manager. Those employees who do not comply with safe work practices may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
May require ability to work other shifts and work over time as determined by the Supervisor. Requirements Education/Training Required:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum one year of experience in a fast paced work environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
KSA #1: Requires verbal and written communication skills in English.
KSA #2: Knowledge of computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to enter data or process information.
KSA #3: Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses and maintenance.
KSA #4: Requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
KSA #5: Knowledge of arithmetic, statistics and their applications.
KSA #6: Ability to analyze information and use logic to address issues and problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) Preferred:
KSA #1: Knowledge of the company's processes, techniques, tools, equipment, and procedures.
KSA #2: Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principles.
Ability to climb stairs to gain access to upper level work area.
Ability to stand, sit, and walk during the shift to perform essential job functions.
Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Ability to work in a variety of positions (bending, kneeling, crouching).
Ability to walk a minimum of half a mile when needed to move between buildings.
Manual dexterity and vision sufficient to perform essential job functions.
Hearing sufficient to hear audible alarms or communicate with individuals in person and by telephone.
Works in a manufacturing environment with temperature controls. Wears Personal Protective Equipment when required.
com/careers Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend