Field Service Professional
MUST RESIDE WITHIN 20 MILES OF TARGET CITY
Compact Power Equipment Inc., a Home Depot Company, located in Fort Mill, SC, is a fast-growing, values driven organization comprised of Rental and Services divisions. We are a team of over 700 talented associates based across the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico.
Compact Power Equipment Services, a Home Depot Company, is comprised of over 300 talented and highly trained professional light industrial equipment technicians that deliver comprehensive management of commercial equipment including installation, repair, preventive maintenance and parts management. We are a leading organization focused on advanced technology, state-of–the-art customer care, and parts management, with a distribution service center optimizing the efficiency, safety and productive life span of our customers’ mechanical assets. We are an industry leader with a nationwide footprint in 15 regions across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
We live our Core Values: Excellent Customer Service, Creating Shareholder Value, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Taking Care of Our People, Respect for All People, Doing the Right Thing, Building Strong Relationships, Giving Back
Field Service Professional - As a Field Service Professional you will maintain a variety of light industrial equipment found in retail locations and manufacturing facilities, such as paint shakers, carpet carousels, checkout stand, blind cutting machines, shopping carts, and lifts. You must be a self-starter, eager to “hit the road" and derive great satisfaction in getting customer’s equipment up and running. Generally provide maintenance and repairs in various locations within a 1.5 hour radius of your home. The hours for this position are based on customers maintenance needs and will vary.
- Be customer-focused, strive to delight the customer
- Be available and accessible by phone and computer daily as required
- Maintain, trouble-shoot and service light industrial equipment both mechanically and electrically
- Troubleshoot, adapt, and resolve/repair all issues to keep equipment functioning properly
- Test each system after service/repair is complete to ensure the system is functioning properly
- Perform proper inspection of customer system to prevent future issues
- Explain each service and repair performed to customers
- Use sound judgment to deal with and eliminate safety related issues
- Provide detailed and clear service reports, turning them in daily
- Read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical schematics as required
- Use computer applications for word processing, modify excel spreadsheets, inventory control and reporting
- Provide daily reports and communicate regularly with store managers, District Managers and home office personnel
- Make phone calls and processing paperwork in accordance with CPES policies and procedures
We offer a full array of benefits that include health, well-being, and financial. Please visit LIVETHEORANGELIFE.COM for more details.
Requirements for the Field Service Professional:
- Must have reliable transportation and valid Driver’s License with proof of insurance and good driving record
- Versatile equipment maintenance repair skill set
- Welding experience preferred
- Ability to adhere to OSHA regulations including, but not limited to fall protection, lock-out tag-out procedures
- 1-3 years wrench in hand experience (mechanical, engineering, electrical, copiers, or cable installation (Experience limited to only computer/IT repair and installation is not generally a fit for this role.)
- Must be able to read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical schematics as required
- Ability to sit, stand and drive for extended periods of time. Lift 80 lbs. Climb 15+ ft.
- Must reside within 15-20 miles of the target city
Must have standard tools used in the craft, and be proficient in handheld technology (tablets / laptops / smartphones)
Be a self-starter, driving customer satisfaction with a passion for equipment maintenance
High School Diploma, GED, Technical or Trade School