Plant Office Assistant
Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The San Leandro Milk Plant has an opening for a Plant Office Assistant II. This is a Union Local 853 position. Albertsons Safeway offers a competitive salary, benefits, paid vacation, 401K, and paid holidays. Ideal candidate will have solid administrative skills, be flexible and enjoy working in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent plant professionally with internal and external customers.
- Maintain shipping documents for Nor Cal/Hawaii and outside customers and to process sales orders to charge customers
- Work closely with Tracy routing for our stores picklists and missing stores.
- Prepare Interplant shipments paperwork
- Assist with general office needs.
Inventory adjustments in Adage for Calf Ranch and Lab Samples
- Input and monitor the KLS freight file
- Work with shipping/receiving on monthly close and Period end inventories.
- Input machine efficiencies and downtime reporting
- Input data into the Labor Reconciliation
- Maintain, organize and prioritize file storage area and ship files to outside storage.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Proficient with MS Word/Excel
- Oral/Written Communication
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with competing due dates utilizing effective time management
- Data entry experience, collecting and reporting data for government reports
- Ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge
- Customer service / Customer relations skills
High school diploma or G.E.D with some college preferred.
1-2 years accounts payable experience.
1-2 years vendor and customer relations experience.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. A background check is also required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER