Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we're looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 7,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world's energy future, there's no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Inspection Technician role provides operational support to the SunPower Direct (SPD) Residential Self Install Construction Team, facilitating construction inspection administration, coordination with clients, provide final installation completion, facilitate jurisdictional (AHJ) construction inspections, and provide added layer of end product quality control. Individual must deliver best in class customer service, be proficient with time management, and effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders. This role supports project site survey, permit coordination, installations, commissioning, and O&M teams, and helps to develop the SPD business processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Facilitate inspections in the safest means compliant with OSHA, Cal-OSHA, and SunPower Safety requirements and procedures
- Proficiently communicate process and technical specifications to clients
- Administer construction inspections
- Work with Project Management to manage inspection requests
- Review installation completion reports, prepare and complete installation punch list items
- Coordinate with clients to schedule and host AHJ inspections
- Identify Constructed code and/or manufactures' specification deviations, correct, and document
- Clarify plans and specifications and collaborate with AHJ inspectors as necessary
- Commission monitoring system(s)
- Prepare construction site quality control inspections
- QC designs and verify accuracy of drawings as it pertains to permitted designs and as-build drawings
- Initiate Design revisions as needed
- Manage schedules upon multiple platforms with numerous stakeholders
- Provide closed loop learnings to cross functional teams
- Support Utility Interconnection Process
- Cross train and provide across role deliverables as necessary
- Provide support for Design and Permit Application submittals to local municipals
- Maintain Database, files, users, and document procedures
- Maintain AHJ Database providing documentation about new and changing codes and requirements
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Minimum requirements - The least amount of skills and training candidates must have to do a specific job. Candidates not meeting these requirements will not be hired for this position.
- High School or Trade School degree in a discipline related to construction or building sciences
- Associates degree or 2+ years field related experience
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal, driving and drug screen
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (50 lbs. or more) in addition to climbing ladders and working in high places.
- Valid Driver's license and clean driving record
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for high volumes of internal and external communication/coordination.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task at high volume of work
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a group collaborative setting
- Minimum 2 years of general Construction experience
- Minimum 2 years of PV solar inspection experience
- Proficiency with monitoring and communication systems
- Excellent MS Office and general computer skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is SunPower's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. SunPower disapproves of, and will not tolerate, unlawful discrimination against any applicant or employee because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, age, religion, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws.
- Put Customers First
- Win Together
- Lead Decisively
- Innovate Relentlessly
- Do the Right Thing