Sales Manager - The Condado Plaza Hilton
As a Sales Manager you will be responsible for the development of market segment(s) and the solicitation of new customer and account relationships while maintaining existing relationships with current accounts. Consistently striving to maximize revenue and promote relationships through effective negotiation of guest room rates, meeting speace rentals, and the price of food and beverage services. Leadership and Service excellence is a core expectation. You are responsible for driving results by supporting and maintaining a great place to work for our team members while providing an exceptional hospitality experience for our guests in all aspects of your function as a Sales professional.
- Travels outside of the hotel to meet with customers and prospective customers to qualify customer business potential, meet customer needs, present proposals, maintain contacts, and to gain commitments. Consistently meets with and entertains customers, conducts property tours, participates in tradeshows, industry and community events to promote facilities and services and close deals.
- Responsible for representing the hotel through conducting conferences, presenting proposals and other external sales presentations to groups and prospective customers to solicit, explain, negotiate and close hotel sales for transient, extended stat, and group accommodations. Has discretion and authority to negotiate contracts and commit company with customers and set establish agreements with vendors.
- Prepare proposals and/or contracts to advise prospective customers primarily of the hotel guest rooms, but also meeting space and/or banquet date, space and rate availability for group accommodations for complex meetings. Develop and quote prices for same.
- Conduct site inspections with potential clients, visiting guest rooms, meeting space and banquet facilities, as well as other hotel facilities
- Travel and engage in sales activities outside of the hotel to meet with and entertain customers and prospective customers, participate in tradeshows, and industry and community events to promote facilities, to make proposals, maintain contacts, and to close deals.
- Ability to complete a contract in compliance with all checklists, standards and hotel policies.
- Attend weekly sales meeting and weekly tentative review / Top 10 meeting.
What are we looking for?
A Sales Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative
- Experience in a sales role with a proven track record to close a sale
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of hospitality
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!