System Repair & Test Technician
Summary: Super Micro Computer, Inc. is looking for a System Repair & Test Technician to work in the RMA Repair Department located in the company's headquarters in San Jose, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
- Conduct quality control for all SMC RMA products to meet commercial standards and customer satisfaction
- Final testing for all SMC and OEM RMA products in fished goods condition
- ECO upgrades
- Report any defective parts to RMA Repair Database
- Onsite customer support service as needed
- Vocational school certificate or college degree required
- Good knowledge on PC, system, server repair, and troubleshooting
- Experience in PC/System, server repair, and testing
- Good operation software skills in Windows or Linux
- Must be a team player
- Capable of self-motivated hard work with a positive attitude
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
- Lift, carry, push and pull in excess of 25 pounds.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and ability to utilize a "buddy system" for products weighing more than 50 lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.: Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI) is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.