Specialist, Leadership Events (Temporary - Part OR Full Time)
Req Number: NAT4530
San Diego, California, Lancaster, California, Los Angeles, California, Ontario, California, Orange County, California, Palm Beach, California, Sacramento, California, Oakland, Callifornia, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, Portland, Oregon, San Jose, California, Spokane, Washington, Pasco, Washington
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society mobilizes people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS. To fulfill this mission, the Society funds cutting-edge research, drives change through advocacy, facilitates professional education, collaborates with MS organizations around the world, and provides programs and services designed to help people with MS and their families move their lives forward. We partner with volunteers to accomplish our work. Staff members engage volunteers through effective and timely communications, facilitating meaningful opportunities, and continually seeking and providing feedback for reciprocal growth and learning.
The temporary Specialist, Leadership Events will provide support to events within multiple market areas ensuring these events reach budgeted revenue goals. This is a full OR part time-temporary position is open for immediate hire through Fall 2022 (exact time range can be shared upon inquiry). This position will report to the Sr Director, Leadership events and work closely with the respective market leads to create a successful event experience.
Oversee Leadership Events while providing guidance and support to volunteer committees in the assigned event markets in order to reach or exceed revenue goals.
- Responsible for establishing, cultivating and securing strong relationships with corporate partners and individual donors.
- Provide high-end customer service for the Society's contributors.
- Oversee the implementation of fundraising plans to successfully accomplish goals and objectives.
- Manage a defined budget for assigned Leadership Events ensuring that revenue and expenses are effectively tracked
- Work in collaboration with the market leadership team, individual giving/major gift team, corporate team to steward existing donors and partners and help identify new opportunities for revenue.
- Input accurate donor records/interactions into the national database
Minimum Education preferred:
5 or more years experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience preferably in events, volunteer engagement, and/or nonprofit
- Self-starter, motivated individual who can deliver on goals independently
- Ability to work well with volunteers, staff and a variety of constituents is essential
- Outstanding customer experience
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills,
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- Advanced computer abilities (MS Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, on-line fundraising tools, databases);
- Must have access to personal transportation, and be able and willing to drive to events, committee meetings, and other events as needed.
- Ability to work selected nights and weekends.
Benefits and Compensation
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.
Estimated hiring compensation range for this role is $20.00-$28.00 per hour on an average compensation scale. Final offers will be based on candidate's geographic location and consider career experience and may vary from this range due to these and other factors.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (with a COVID-19 FDA-approved vaccine or a COVID-19 vaccine granted Emergency Use Authorization) by the date of hire. A candidate is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson/Janssen) or as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Candidates unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.