This position is with in the Self Service Engineering department. Our role is to execute on the product strategy and roadmap for automating multi-modal customer service interactions available across multiple channels and consumer devices. This team architects and delivers robust and scalable RESTful services for meeting this next-generation vision of customer care. Today, our cloud platform automates millions of customer interactions daily; but we are taking it to the next level both in terms of functionality and scale. As a member of this team, you will share in the challenge and satisfaction of building enterprise-class services with a proven high degree of availability. Additionally, you will gain experience with a variety of cutting-edge technologies including: virtual personal assistants, supervised and unsupervised machine-learning, predictive analytics, speech recognition, natural language understanding, reasoning technologies, automated test frameworks, cloud and mobile computing technologies.
Do you want to help define the next generation of customer experience? Reshape how consumers interact and engage with businesses? Define new products at the intersection of big data and natural user interfaces (speech, touch, and gesture)? From prediction and engagement through to outcomes, 7’s cloud-based customer service platform uses big data and predictive analytics to help businesses deliver more intuitive sales and service experiences across digital devices.
- Develop products, libraries and reusable components for automating common business processes and interaction types
- Development of speech self-service products, design and implementation of platform areas such as the IDE, runtime engine, and analytics system, and delivery of speech lifecycle tools and utilities.
- The role demands expert OO programming skills, web service development, working with relational & no-sql databases, interest in consumer-facing applications, technical creativity and resourcefulness, and the ability to work with internal and external partners.
- Write design specifications for various areas of 7’s speech and web application development platform and libraries
- Provide lifecycle tools to 7’s developer community to support tasks such as build and deployment, media management, analysis and reporting, testing and tuning
- Research emerging technologies related to speech and web applications, such as dialog management, speech analytics, speech recognition engines, text-to-speech engines, MRCP, VXML, GRXML/SRGS, SSML/SMIL and other voice/media related standards, and Natural Language Understanding
- Build new or migrate existing services to containers.
- Implement or migrate services to a public cloud.
- Contribute to architecture, design and software engineering through all stages of product development.
- Serve as escalation point for resolving production issues related to platform or product usage
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of system software experience
- Unit Test oriented software development with good programming skills is a must
- Experience in server / platform engineering
- Expert C++ or Java design and development knowledge in Linux and Windows operating systems with a proven ability to learn new languages.
- Experience with MySQL, Cassandra, Hadoop, Elasticsearch
- Experience in developing applications using node.js
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl or Python is a plus.
- Detailed understanding of web technologies, including web services and web application servers
- 2+ years of experience in building scalable RESTful web services
- Experience building services in a Cloud Environment: AWS, Azure or GCP is a plus
- Familiarity with speech platform technologies (e.g., VXML, GRXML, SSML, Java Script, XML, MRCP) is a plus
- Understanding of Natural Language Processing (NLP) and AI is a plus.
- Knowledge of IP telephony-related technologies (e.g., SIP, CTI) is a plus
- Good understanding of agile practices and experience working in scrum teams