Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to enjoy incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness. We think about data and the delivery of data differently. That's because unlocking the power of enterprise data creates new opportunities for innovation and builds a competitive advantage.
As a Sr. Manager of Software Engineering, API Mgmt and Integration Platform, you will play a critical role in the application integrations realm driving two strategic initiatives. Firstly enable API Producers to secure, monitor, manage, and share APIs with their teams and Splunk Enterprise while providing API Consumers ability to discover new data,functionality and self-serve to accelerate their business agility. Secondly, develop and extend self-service tools, frameworks and capabilities that enable API producers and consumers with an efficient, secure, and scalable API lifecycle to facilitate rapid time to market for reusable APIs.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while continuing a positive work culture. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are important for this role for promoting ideas throughout the organization. In this role you will do the following:
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- Lead a team of accomplished API software engineers and platform engineers (full-time and contingent) to develop next-generation Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) platform..
- Manage and coach engineers to become proficient developers using best software development practices and processes.
- Hire, develop, and retain extraordinary talent (full-time and contingent) to scale the program and meet customer demand.
- Lead the daily management of objectives, priorities, trade-offs, risk and performance management of all reporting staff.
- Act as a Scrum Master for one or more delivery teams.
- Champion Agile methods and practices, such as pair programming, test-driven development, and continuous delivery.
- Supervise the delivery of high quality, well-written code that is quickly understood and easily supported by others.
- Participate in project core team meetings to discuss status, risks, and mitigation strategies across delivery teams.
- Partner with Product Managers and Program Managers to define roadmaps and sprint planning objectives.
- Define, manage, and report on key performance indicators that measure team performance against organizational objectives.
- Coach team members to progress their personal and professional goals.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 4+ years of management experience in an Agile software delivery environment
- 4+ years of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) middleware domain experience with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects.
- 3+ years of experience delivering API Management and platform optimization solutions for the Mulesoft Anypoint Platform or equivalent.
- Deep understanding of integration and API concepts, patterns, and technologies.
- Experience implementing API management using Mulesoft, Apigee etc. to include API proxies, mashups, rate limiting, security, analytics, monetization and developer portals
- Experience in container orchestration solutions, test automation and observability
- Demonstrable experience coaching and developing individuals to meet career objectives.
- Excellent written documentation and executive presentation abilities..
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with managing down tech debt and balancing it with new product development.
- Knowledge of Splunk products
Education: Got it!
- BA/BS in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.