AppZen delivers the world’s leading AI platform for modern finance teams. Starting with business spend, we automate manual process, uncover problems, and optimize decision making for enterprises around the globe, including one-fourth of the Fortune 500. Our platform combines patented deep learning, computer vision, and semantic analysis with intelligence from thousands of online data sources to understand financial transactions in business context and make decisions before those transactions happen. AppZen is a must have for CFOs and their teams to reduce spend, achieve compliance, and streamline process.
We’ve taken off this year! Since we released our platform in 2016, over 1,500 enterprises have standardized on AppZen, including three of the top ten banks, four of the top ten media companies, three of the top ten pharmaceutical manufacturers, two of the top five aerospace companies, and five of the top ten software providers. We were a Gartner Cool Vendor last year, have been recognized as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the market, and we just announced $50 million in Series C funding.
We’re looking for a whip-smart, strategic, collaborative, and highly empathetic product marketing leader and subject matter expert who has experience in the business spend management or procure-to-pay market. In this role, you’ll be a leader on a talented product marketing team, serve as a critical player in enabling our global sales team, collaborate with your marketing counterparts and leaders from around the company to create strategies that fill our pipeline with the highest-probability opportunities, arm sales with awesome content and the right tactics to close business efficiently, and work cross-functionally to deliver programs that turn our customers into our biggest fans. You will lead the team to develop the industry’s most thoughtful positioning, head-turning messages, and evangelism that makes AppZen a must-have for CFOs and their teams.
What You'll Do:
- Understand and be our resident expert on our product, roadmap, market, competitive landscape, and partner ecosystem
- Create compelling and right-sized product packages and pricing
- Help our company walk in our customers’ shoes by educating, advising, and serving as a sounding board to the sales, marketing, and customer success teams
- Lead the creation of high-quality, “secret weapon” collateral, pitches, demos, and competitive content that help us put our best foot forward with prospects
- Work with the entire marketing team to create fabulous thought leadership campaigns and content, like how-to blogs, thought leadership pieces, research, surveys, data reports, interactive tools, infographics, and ebooks
- Present to prospects, customers, and analysts on thought leadership topics, product demonstrations, and more
- Bring your humor, laughter, and awesome attitude every day
- Advocate for use cases within AppZen: Educate our executive and product teams on industry trends and how AppZen can improve product-market fit
- You’re a fast learner, insatiably curious, facile in business and product conversations with people at every level of the business.
- You’re creative, and a constant source of new ideas for how to message, how to market, and how to position AppZen for success.
- You’re analytical: you can look at a persona or customer you have no experience with, analyze it, and develop a strong point of view on the ambitions of that persona or customer and how AppZen can support them
- You’re equally comfortable thinking strategically about the state of our business or the market, and tactically about getting the next nurture campaign done and out the door
- You’re known to cut loose with a tall tale, movie line, terrible pun, or practical joke.
- You act with the highest integrity and give it to people straight, no matter what.
- You have zero ego, zero defensiveness, and assume the best about people (it’s a great culture, but we’re all moving fast and this attribute is absolutely critical).
- 5+ years of experience in a combination of combination of experiences in product marketing, product management, presales, and consulting
- You’ve demonstrated rapid growth in responsibility and leadership in your prior roles
- MBA is a plus.
- Yep, that’s a tall order.
Our Promise to You:
- Dignity, respect, and transparency in the interview and hiring process.
- A strong set of collaborators that you will want to be in the foxhole with.
- A manager who has your back, cares about your professional growth, and understands that the relationship is a two-way street.
- An environment where you can be yourself - quirks and all - you’ll do your best work, you will be listened to, and you’ll get the straight story.
- A strong culture that plays, laughs, and doesn’t let a-holes through the door.
- Competitive pay, benefits, and perks.