Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
- Setup the Veloce hardware emulator (VHE) environment for block level, cluster level and top level emulation environments for industries leading SOC designs
- Automate the compilation and setups using scripts and makefiles
- Run bare metal applications for different SOC peripherals (GigE, USB, UART, SPI, I2C etc.) using VHE
- Setup up Linux software environment on VHE for device driver and software development
- Setup real time operating systems (RTO) environment on VHE
- Run different performance benchmarks for CPU and peripherals on the VHE
- Run different applications, benchmarks using RTO on VHE
- Run different Linux software applications on VHE Linux environment
- Debug application debug to support Silicon Validation activities
5+ years of following experience in Emulating SOCs. The required skills are
- Expert in using Mentor's Veloce emulator
- Hands on experience in emulating different RTL blocks and SOC chips
- Run benchmarks for different applications using emulators
- Expert scripting in Shell/Perl/Python/Tcl scripting languages
- Automated emulation tasks
- Exposure to RiscV processor architecture will be a plus
- Experience in setting up Linux software environment in an emulator will be a plus
- Experience in setting up real time operating system in an emulator will be a plus
- Experience in bringing Real time operating system will be a plus
• 7 years / MS
• 5 years in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Applicants with Disabilities
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email here with “Applicant Accommodation Request“ in the subject line of the email. Alternatively, you may call us at 480-730-7330 to let us know the nature of your request.