Medication Nurse LVN
Full Time & Part Time LVN positions - Hiring Immediately!
Oakmont of San Jose is a premier senior community situated on a beautifully landscaped campus. Developed by Oakmont Senior Living, Oakmont of San Jose provides exceptional quality, comfort, and care with five-star services and amenities. Residents enjoy a rewarding lifestyle with individualized comprehensive support that promotes continuing independence.
The Medication Nurse is responsible for supervising and assisting in the administration of medications to residents as ordered by the attending physician, under the direction of the attending physician, and in accordance with established nursing standards, policies, procedures, and practices of the company. The Medication Nurse provides complete supervision of the medications room and/or cart, maintains a current account of all medications residents are taking and completes all documentation required of the companys Medication policy.
Why you should choose a career with Oakmont:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Vacation, Personal Day, Sick Pay, Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan & Life Insurance
- Student Loan Refinancing
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Emergency Family Fund
- Career Growth, Relocation and Travel Opportunities
- Perform nursing duties as directed and in accordance with the appropriate scope of the Nurse Practice Act, including administering medications and performing treatments as ordered by physician. The Medication Nurse is responsible for administering injections, suppositories, enemas, and medications associated with wound care in addition to medications usually assigned to a Medication Technician.
- Perform nursing duties associated with the Wellness Nurse role as assigned.
- Coordinate medication services with resident, pharmacy and physician.
- Order and track all medication changes, refills and deliveries with pharmacies.
- Prepare medication for distribution to residents as per company policy.
- Assist residents with taking their prescribed medications.
- Observe and verify that medication is ingested or applied as directed. Document any instance where prescribed medication is not administered, including reason(s) for refusal and notify supervisor.
- Maintain accurate, complete and confidential resident medication and care records according to company policy. Ensure all medication documentation is current and correct, including medication administration forms, physicians orders and dosage changes.
- Keep medicine rooms and carts orderly, clean and appropriately stocked. Maintain an inventory of all department supplies and re-order as needed.
- Control medication room/cart access at all times.
- Monitor Psychotropic medication use is congruent with physicians orders and ensure resident behaviors warrant the use of medication.
- Participate in and complete narcotic count at beginning and end of each shift. Report any and all discrepancies to supervisor immediately.
- Communicate with physicians, family members and vendors, as needed.
- Understand the meaning and usage of common medical abbreviations, symbols and terms relative to the administration of medications as used by the company, pharmacists and physicians.
- Must be a Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse holding a valid California nursing license in good standing
- Prefer one (1) year experience assisting with medications at a Residential Care Facility for the Elderly (RCFE)
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn the theory and practice of assisted living and dementia care
- Able to work with seniors and patiently interact with cognitively impaired individuals
- Able to be flexible, adapt and respond to change, make decisions in stressful situations and prioritize tasks and projects.
- Able to process information and apply common sense understanding to follow and carry out written or oral instructions.
- Able to analyze, solve and respond to problems or concerns.
- Able to count and perform moderately complex math problems
- Must pass a Criminal Background check and Health Screening tests, including COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test within 72 hours of start date.
About Oakmont: Oakmont Senior Living is a recognized leader in the retirement industry, having planned and developed more than 50 retirement communities in the western United States. Oakmont strives to create an atmosphere of family and community among staff, residents and resident family members. We know that caring and meaningful relationships are the foundation for a rewarding life. Our belief and our mission are to treat each member of our community with respect and compassion. Our staff is hand-selected for their skills, previous experience, and passion for working with the elderly. Our practice is to incorporate joy and laughter alongside our expectations of excellence. Walk into our community and feel our pride in ownership and commitment to service.
EEOC: Oakmont Management Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, family medical history or genetic information, military status, or unfavorable discharge from military service. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including any recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.