RSi is a leading provider of retail data science based analytics and a big data management platform which helps top retailers and CGP companies manage their supply chain and marketing initiatives to drive sales results. Using machine learning, streaming analytics and predictive models, we are the go-to cloud based; peta-scale SaaS data management platform in the retail space.
The Manager, DBA will lead the Data Operations Team. This role will have primary responsibility for management of our Vertica and SQL Server databases, and for our growing use of HDFS. This will involve extensive scripting work in addition to traditional DBA tasks. This position manages all production DBAs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Own the management of all production database systems including Vertica, SQL Server and HDFS. This includes:
- Database monitoring, tuning
- Database backup, restore, recovery, high availability for multi-terabyte databases
- Design, Implement and Test Disaster Recovery solutions and redundant systems.
- Assess database security and define tight security standards.
- Work with Application Support Staff to identify internal causes of database issues
- Review Operating system resource usage and identify performance bottlenecks.
- Handle highly transactional or multi-terabyte data ware house systems.
- Identify areas of automation, fix existing automation using Python, PowerShell or Bash
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards
- Work with application development staff to troubleshoot application level performance issues
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems including migration to Azure cloud.
- Contribute to DevOps activities and framework development using tools like Salt Stack, Ansible or Chef.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of progressive experience building enterprise infrastructure
- Vertica and SQL Server experience is required..
- Expert Database Administrator
- Expert at troubleshooting, problem solving, root cause analysis
- Familiar with High Availability, Disaster Recovery techniques
- Familiar with Performance Tuning tools
- Familiar with Database Architecture, Management, Security, Scalability
- Business Intelligence:
- Experience with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
- Knowledge of Power BI is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Analysis Server Implementation, MOLAP, ROLAP, MDX
- Experience with building and maintaining strong database security model integrated with Microsoft Active directory.
- Familiar with Network Infrastructure – TCP/IP, Active Directory, DNS
- Server Operating systems knowledge – Windows, Linux (Centos or RHEL)
- Scripting – PowerShell, Bash, Python (Preferred, but not mandatory)
- Familiar with other RDBMS - like Oracle, MySQL etc.(Preferred, but not mandatory)
- Working Knowledge of Public cloud like Microsoft Azure or AWS.
- Understanding of Dev Ops and Continuous Integration/Deployment in the cloud is a plus.
- Knowledge of PowerBI is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Micro services Implementations - Kubernetes/Docker
ABOUT RETAIL SOLUTIONS, INC.:
Retail Solutions, Inc. (“RSi“) develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of award-winning software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions that turn Retailer “downstream data“, such as point-of-sale (POS), supply chain, merchandiser feedback and category data, into actionable visibility into the store and onto the shelf for their suppliers.
RSi, the largest and fastest-growing company in the Retail Execution Management field, has more experience with processing customer-specific retailer data than any other company. Retailers and consumer product goods (CPG) companies trust Retail Solutions to grow sales, reduce out-of-stocks, improve promotion execution and effectiveness, maximize retail operation productivity and foster collaborative relationships in the retail industry to improve product availability for the end-consumer.
RSi serves more than 500 CPG Companies, including 23 of the top 25 global consumer goods companies, and processes data from more than 175 leading retailers in the Americas and Europe.
Retail Solutions, Inc. is headquartered in San Jose, CA and has offices in Providence, RI, Bentonville, AR, Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL, Brentford, UK, Paris, France, Munich, Germany, Pune, India, and Shanghai, China. RSi is an equal opportunity employer.