Be on the front lines of making the magic of Macy's as part of our store management team: you'll lead, manage and inspire a diverse and creative team in executing in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you'll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, our store management team is a fast track to career success.
As a Jewelry Supervisor, you will support driving a best in class selling and service culture that supports our My Macy's initiatives, our Omni Channel Strategies and MAGIC Selling in our Jewelry Complex in partnership with a Jewelry Business Manager, District Director, and VP Store Manager. You will be responsible for supervising all daily selling activities and leading a selling team. Responsibilities include, assisting in the selling process; driving customer service through coaching and monitoring selling behaviors; teaching product knowledge; communicating policies and procedures, event execution, merchandising and other duties as needed.
- Drive and exceed sales goals and execute company initiatives by developing a highly engaged and knowledgeable sales team
- Maintain a consistent, high level of customer service within the Jewelry Complex. Consistently provide feedback on associate MAGIC behaviors partnering with leadership.
- Review reports, identify deficient areas and partner with Jewelry Business Manager and/or District Director to implement action plans.
- Ensure accuracy of promotional presentation; communicate advertising and sales information to Associates.
- Strengthen attendance and weekend hours compliance among staff.
- Motivate Associates to maximize company programs by reinforcing the benefits including but not limited to Worry No More & Star Rewards.
- Ensure usage & proficiency of the tablet, POS/ MPOS systems including but not limited to Search and Send, My Client and More@ Macy's tablet app.
- Review your personal Scorecard monthly for your Sales, My Client, Worry No More & Star Rewards results.
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures.
- Ensure all jewelry policies, procedures, standards and Fine Jewelry operations are understood and followed by associates.
- Execute merchandising process and adhere to floor readiness standards.
- Coach Associates to consistently deliver effective selling behaviors resulting in high customer engagement.
- Review & utilize Associate Selling Actions Metrics (ASAM) to provide recognition; develop and communicate strategies to improve results partnering with leadership.
- Role model MAGIC selling behaviors leading selling initiatives such as Search and Send, My Client, Worry No More, BOPs and Fulfillment.
- Maximize training tools and resources available ensuring high level of product knowledge.
- Coach to Associate metrics weekly through daily informal observations defining one focus metric and behaviors to improve an individual metric.
- Ensure optimum sales floor coverage utilizing scheduling tools and resources. Work with district staffing resources for necessary scheduling edits to maximize results.
- Maintain high customer readiness standards; deliver a clean, neat and easy to shop store environment.
- Partner with Jewelry Business Manager and/or District Director to interview and employ selling focused Sales Associates
- Engage in Macy's recognition program; reward Associates with recognition cards
- Provide input to performance evaluations; ensuring Associates participate in the development of individual performance improvement plans
- Make recommendations on Associate promotion, advancement, talent development and termination
- Address Associate concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, consistent with the values expected by the Company
- Create a positive, inclusive work environment resulting in retention of the best people and turnover reduction
- Coordinate Associate vacation scheduling and paid time off
- Demonstrate regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- A minimum of 1-3 years in a leadership/supervisory position in department store retail, or a related service industry required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must be able to work quickly and effectively to process large volumes of merchandise.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Help make life