GSM/Procurement, Senior Commodity Manager
San Jose, CA
Weekly Hours: 40
Who We Are:
Companies developing automotive, mobile, IoT and illumination lighting applications need a partner who can collaborate with them to push the boundaries of light. With over 100 years of inventions and industry firsts, Lumileds is a global lighting solutions company that helps customers around the world deliver differentiated solutions to gain and maintain a competitive edge. As the inventor of Xenon technology, a pioneer in halogen lighting and the leader in high performance LEDs, Lumileds builds innovation, quality and reliability into its technology, products and every customer engagement. Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, Lumileds has approximately 9,000 team members supporting operations worldwide. The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.com
What You Will Do:
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Provide procurement leadership to San Jose Site in Strategic Supplier Program Planning/Execution. Develop, formulate and drive global commodity strategies, delivering bottom line results in cost improvements, delivery, quality, sustainability, business continuity planning and technology alignment roadmap with Supplier
- Initiates, drives and coordinates overall cost and investment reduction, avoidance, value engineering/Dfx programs. Support, execute procurement strategies and contracts negotiations
- Collaborate with Supply Chain/Planning team in managing and optimizing inventory and supply to achieve continuous and timely supply to ensure seamless production. To develop/define inventory reduction strategy with Supplier on Lead-time improvement, inventory management strategies via
VMI/Consignment/JIT to reduce inventory carrying cost exposure for assigned commodity
- Execute payment terms and inventory optimization targets to deliver organization working capital improvements goals
What You Will Bring:
- Working knowledge on Planning/ERP systems like Oracle, SAP & etc
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking with high level of enthusiasm.
- Excellent understanding of procurement processes, industry and suppliers with strong supplier sourcing and knowledge (Commodity and Capex Management)
- Strong analytical problem solver with demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment while working independently to resolve critical issues.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface effectively and professionally at all levels
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task/work under pressure in a high energy and fast paced-environment with critical and tight schedules.
Education (Minimum Level)
Field of Study
- Engineering/Manufacturing or relevant study relevant experience (Supplier Management) in Semiconductor/ Electronic industry & LED industry
Years of Experience (Minimum)
- 7 - 9 years
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Lumileds Talent Acquisition