Faculty are engaged, accountable, innovative, change ready professionals dedicated to their students and exhibit exceptional student care. They are proficient in all learning modalities applicable to the program in which they teach.
· Effectively delivers course material in accordance with college curriculum.
· Fulfils administrative requirements for each course including attendance, Student Learning Outcome (SLO) assessment data, posting grades in a timely manner.
· Effectively manages classroom, student engagement and interaction to maximize student learning.
· Uses a variety of instructional techniques to promote student engagement and learning.
· Provides students with timely, ongoing positive feedback on homework, quizzes, papers and other assignments.
· Works collaboratively with team to ensure students have access to academic coaching, tutoring, open labs, and other resources to support positive outcomes.
· Demonstrates willingness to develop proficiency in all applicable learning methodologies and classroom management strategies through continuous improvement.
· Participate in the campus community by attending faculty and campus meetings, participating on local committees, and attending campus events.
· Provides proactive student outreach and advisement.
· Maintains high standards of professionalism and accountability and models positive behaviors for our students.
· Works collaboratively with interdepartmental campus colleagues to ensure program students receive learner support to achieve success.
· Acts as substitute instructor for academic colleagues as required.
· Completes other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Masters in Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, Microbiology, or/and any related fields.
· Teaching experience preferred.
· Must have effective computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel and Power Point
· Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills required
· Manages Ambiguity
· Values Diversity
· Integrity and Trust
· Functional/Technical Skills
· Understanding Others
· Conflict Management
· Motivating Others
· Change Ready
· Open to feedback and adopting others’ ideas