Axis is looking for the right person to fill an opening in our Field Sales department as a Field Sales Engineer. Ideal candidates should reside in the San Jose, CA area.
You'll love this position if...
- You want the primary responsibility of supporting the sales growth initiatives across the designated territory.
- You love working closely with the Axis Regional Sales Managers (RSMs) in the territory to support various types of pre- and post-sales opportunities including critical projects.
- You are great at communication and collaboration with both internal and external customers.
What is Axis?
Axis offers intelligent security solutions that enable a smarter, safer world. As the global market leader in network video, Axis is driving the industry by continually launching innovative network products based on an open platform - delivering high value to customers through a global partner network.
Axis is a fast-growing and innovative IT company with a global footprint. Our success is largely due to our highly skilled staff and our strong culture of daring to succeed and allowing ourselves to constantly break new ground. At Axis our employees are innovative, dedicated and energetic and that's just the beginning. They are the driving force of the company and seek to move it forward towards the goal of being number one in our industry.
At Axis, you will have a great chance for development in an organization that values creativity and promotes individual growth. We welcome your application and look forward to the possibility of you joining us!
What You'll Do Here…
- Responsible for all aspects of pre- and post-sales support with opportunities requiring FSE involvement in the territory.
- Executes high-level system designs that may include: detailed site surveys, camera placement, field of view calculations, pixels on target, bandwidth and storage calculations, BOM construction, site drawings (Visio/CAD), 3rd party product recommendations and integration.
- Works cohesively across multiple departments (internally & externally) to ensure that expectations and performance goals are met in a timely and professional manner.
- Constructs and performs technology and/or customer-specific trainings.
- Attends and represents Axis at industry trade shows and events as needed.
- Acts as a backup to other Axis sales engineers as needed.
- Regional and some International travel required. Up to 75% travel may be required.
- Effectively multi-tasks and prioritizes projects, tasks, and travel accordingly.
- Perform other related duties when assigned
What We Are Looking For …
- Strong knowledge of the physical security and IT markets. Including complimentary products, technology, future trends, and the market as a whole.
- Strong networking knowledge (TCP/IP, Routers, Switches, VPN's, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of video transport protocols and compression technologies.
- Strong knowledge of image quality and photography principles.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills (white paper, manuals, instructions, etc.)
- Experienced design documentation skills (schematics, flow charts, topologies, metrics, FOV, pixels on target, angles, etc.)
- Professional communication skills (Listening, Written, Verbal)
- Strong presentation and training skills.
- Proven record of excellent time management and multitasking ability.
- Ability to convey complex technologies and specifications easily.
- Positive customer-centric attitude.
What You'll Need …
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Network Engineering, or Information Systems is required.
- 4+ years experience in a customer-facing pre-sales role, ideally in the field of network video and/or physical security markets.
- Axis Certified Professional preferred
Physical demands: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally required to lift 20-40 lbs.
- Ability to climb and stand on ladders or lifts for extended period of time.
- Ability to work with heights. Ceilings, ladders, rooftops, etc.
- Travel up to 75%
What we have to offer...
- The opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge of the industry with an innovative company.
- Colleagues who are fun, hard-working, and collaborative.
- Competitive pay.
- A great benefits package including medical, HRA/FSA, dental, vision, company-paid life insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement and more.
- The opportunity to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Paid time off.
- Five-star company events and other cool perks!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to know more about Axis? Then check us out at the following...