The MTS Developer (Dev Extension) position is working on the management framework and control plane for Nutanix hybrid cloud solution.
- Work as a part of the extended software development team on Software Features/Bugs
- Address Customer Escalations coming to Engineering
- Diagnose and debug deep and insidious issues. Provide workarounds and fixes for those issues
- Develop automation tools to find bottlenecks and do a root cause analysis and corrective action
- Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems, and design innovative solutions for customer requirements
- Work on distributed systems, platform and infrastructure, data protection, management framework and virtualization
- Work closely with support, development, test, documentation and product management teams to solve customer issues
- Love of programming and rock-solid in one or more languages: Java, Python, Golang- ideally for enterprise-quality software
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Passion for troubleshooting large complex distributed systems.
- Deep Understanding with REST API, File system, memory management, OS internals, concepts of distributed data management
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware or KVM or Hyper-V or Xen is plus
- Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills
- Team player that works well in fast-paced situations and startup environments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field required with 1-3yrs of industry experience or Masters Degree
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.