Requisition Number: COOKI02477
Join our team to prepare and cook ingredients to meet quality standards and production needs. Follow standard procedures and assures raw ingredients and prepared food materials meet company quality standards. Coordinate cooking and prep work with the Kettle Deck Team Lead and Shift Lead. Understand formulations and batch sheet usage.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Always follow good work habits, adherence to procedures, company rules and safety practices.
- Report all potential inventory shortages, problems with raw materials or quality/sensory deviations immediately to the Team Lead, Shift Lead, Kitchen Supervisor and/or Kitchen Manager.
- Perform cooking and batching of all recipes according to standard procedures and batch sheet instructions.
- Check all ingredients and in-process foods, sauces and mixes for correct texture, taste, smell and appearance. These checks must occur before these materials are combined with other components. Report any variances to the Team Lead, Shift Lead, Kitchen Supervisor and/or Kitchen Manager.
- Understand and be able use all batch sheets and follow standard procedure. Ensure that all item information (including lot numbers, MO numbers, quantities and batch numbers) is filled into batch sheets correctly and legibly.
- Ensure correct tag labeling and storage procedures are being followed. All food or ingredient containers (buckets, plastic totes, transfer carts, steel totes, gondolas, etc.) must have a label which includes the description of contents and dare material goes in to production, weight of bucket. All food safety practices must be followed at all times.
- Understand and learn the safe use of each piece of equipment and monitors all safety devices and guards for correct position and operation and any issues must be reported immediately to the Team Lead, Shift Lead, Kitchen Supervisor and/or Kitchen Manager.
- Follow all safety rules and monitors employee safety.
- This position is responsible to ensure compliance with Critical Control Points and Preventive Controls in their process, which may include one or more of the following: Cook Time and Temperatures, Metal Detection, Canning Process Letter, Cooling Time and Temperatures, Bar Code Reader, Line Clearance, Pre-Operational Cleaning and Sanitation, and Material Usage. Provision for coverage of these responsibilities during an absence includes substitution by another person in the same position or by a trained lead or supervisor.
- Report all mechanical problems to the Team Lead, Shift Lead, Kitchen Supervisor or Kitchen Manager.
- Comply with the rules and regulations set forth in Amy's Kitchen Inc. employee handbook, safety manual and GMP booklet.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Lead, Shift Lead, Kitchen Supervisor or Kitchen Manager.
- Regular Attendance Required
- During peak season or base on company needs overtime is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Less than high school education; or up to three-month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a math test.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences. Must be able to satisfactorily pass a literacy test.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally push, pull, lift and/or move 50 - 65 pounds and team lift over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The position requires constant movement, reaching stretching, lifting, pulling, pushing, rapid movements under wet condition (non weather).