Area Rental Mechanic
MUST RESIDE WITHIN 20 MILES OF TARGET CITY
Position Schedule: Sunday - Thursday
Compact Power Equipment Inc., a Home Depot Company, located in Fort Mill, SC, is a fast-growing, values driven organization comprised of Rental and Services divisions. We are a team of over 700 talented associates based across the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico.
The Home Depot Rental Division operates in over 1100 locations of The Home Depot across the US and Canada, offering large towable equipment rental and on-site equipment delivery. The THD Rental fleet includes trenchers, chippers, mini-excavators, skid steers, aerial equipment, and tractor loader backhoes among others. With a large team of highly trained technicians, operators, and VIP customer care associates throughout the United States and Canada, THD Rental is a technology focused leader in the equipment rental industry.
We live our Core Values: Excellent Customer Service, Creating Shareholder Value, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Taking Care of Our People, Respect for All People, Doing the Right Thing, Building Strong Relationships, Giving Back
The Area Rental Mechanic (ARM) should have strong people skills, responsible for the hiring and training of support staff that will maintain a fleet of rental equipment (skid steers, chippers, trenchers, mini-excavators, etc.) in a group of The Home Depot stores in the vicinity. You will travel throughout your region of responsibility to monitor equipment for rental readiness, manage the rental operation with the right equipment in the right location, and handle equipment sales opportunities.
- Oversee and participate in branch operations
- Inventory management for service locations (if applicable)
- Insure timely submission of paperwork to Corporate office for reporting, billing and payroll purposes
- Responsible for performance reviews, pay recommendation, safety record of network
- Communicate effectively to customers, coworkers and subordinates
- Monitor service performance levels to ensure customer satisfaction; investigate all service complaints and initiate immediate resolve
- Monitor parts inventory for technicians
- Responsible for following up on parts pending, part number requirements and technical support
- Identify and implement procedures to increase productivity and/or reduce costs.
- Oversee the implementation of new customers
- Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image to the public.
- Responsibility for the Profit & Loss for District
We offer a full array of benefits that include health, well-being, and financial. Please visit LIVETHEORANGELIFE.COM for more details.
Experience in the landscape/construction/fleet management field
Strong light construction equipment maintenance knowledge and/or skills including small engines and hydraulics
Ability to lift up to 80 lbs. safely
Read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and illustrated parts lists
Strong work ethic, capable of leading a team
Experience, ability and desire to provide superior customer service
Excellent communication skills
Ability to multi-task
Ability to work independently
Experience in all aspects of the equipment rental industry
Strong handheld technology (tablet / smartphone) skills
Valid driver’s license (ability to drive in a CMV capacity)
High School Diploma, GED, Technical or Trade School - or equivalent experience