AppZen delivers the world’s leading AI platform for modern finance teams. Starting with business spend, we automate manual process, uncover problems, and optimize decision making for enterprises around the globe, including one-fourth of the Fortune 500. Our platform combines patented deep learning, computer vision, and semantic analysis with intelligence from thousands of online data sources to understand financial transactions in business context and make decisions before those transactions happen. AppZen is a must have for CFOs and their teams to reduce spend, achieve compliance, and streamline process.
We’ve taken off this year! Since we released our platform in 2016, over 1,500 enterprises have standardized on AppZen, including three of the top ten banks, four of the top ten media companies, three of the top ten pharmaceutical manufacturers, two of the top five aerospace companies, and five of the top ten software providers. We were a Gartner Cool Vendor last year, have been recognized as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the market, and we just announced $50 million in Series C funding.
- Ability to work, adapt and evolve in a fast-paced environment, working under deadlines, and interacting with multiple contacts.
- Excellent communication skills to keep others informed of projects’ progress
- Systems savvy with solid understanding of accounting systems and how to extract, organize and analyze data (Power Point, Excel, etc.). Concur and Bill.com experiences are a plus
- Team player, self-motivated, ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with wide variety of people
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business-related concentration
- 8+ years of experience in Accounting functions including general ledger accounting
- NetSuite and SaaS industry experiences are a plus
- Lead and manage month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial close procedures, i.e. prepare and/or supervise preparation of account reconciliations and roll-forward schedules.
- Manage consolidation and intercompany transactions.
- Prepare and/or review journal entries based on supporting reconciliations and schedules
- Assist in preparation of monthly balance sheet and income statement flux variance analyses for management reporting
- Supervise, develop and coach the senior accountant and staff members of the accounting team.
- Maintain a compliance calendar for all external reporting requirements and execute on those deliverables including, but not limited to sales tax and income tax filings.
- Coordinate financial audits and tax provision calculation with the auditors and tax consultants.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements or automation
- Other ad hoc projects as required