Pendo is looking for a VP, Sales Engineering.
Pendo's platform helps Product teams to understand how their product is being used, and to use that understanding to drive more engaged customers.
The Sales Engineering function at Pendo is the primary technical function within the Sales organization, providing pre-sales support to the Account Executives and directly contributing to Pendo's revenue objectives. As the “trusted advisors“ in the sales process, the Sales Engineers help to build interest in Pendo, build the solution to the prospect's needs, and then build the evaluation to provide the prospect with the proof that they need to make their purchasing decision.
The VP of Sales Engineering at Pendo will oversee Pendo's team of Sales Engineers and Sales Engineering Directors / Managers. Th VP SE will be responsible for defining, developing, managing and implementing all strategic pre-sales activities and outcomes that align with Pendo's vision, mission and strategic plans on a company-wide basis.
Reporting to the VP of Revenue Operations and as part of the revenue leadership team, the Vice President, Sales Engineering will build, direct and manage pre-sales resources throughout Pendo sales cycles. These responsibilities include:
- Design, operationalize and execute the vision to support Pendo's growth in all aspects of it's GTM programs globally
- Grow the WW SE organization. Recruit, mentor and inspire SEs to do the best work of their careers. Build the appropriate organizational structures to balance the need for specialization with revenue coverage.
- Design and operationalize SE career development programs
- Architect SE ROE and methodologies to support customer acquisition from SMB to the Enterprise
- Champion the voice of our users and customers and influence product direction and feature priorities.
- Build appropriate processes, measurement and infrastructure needed to maximize SE productivity and impact
- Reinforce the technical excellence, hands-on scrappy, and customer first culture. Preserve the “start-up“ energy as we scale.
- Build technical thought leadership on architecture, processes and operationalization aspects of Digital Adoption
- Steer the GTM strategy working closely with the global sales leadership.
- Partner with Sales to deliver the number. Partner with Sales and Customer Success to manage the customer journey from technical discovery to technical win to successful adoption, value realization and expansion.
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering team to have a closed-loop relationship on product feedback and roadmap influence
- Execute programs with Product Marketing and Enablement to support new product launches and revenue enablement programs
- 15+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer
- 10+ years leading high performance Sales Engineering teams with 2+ levels of management and 30• SEs required
- Track record of successfully supporting Enterprise Software Solutions Sales to CIOs, Product Managers, Customer Success or Support stakeholders.
- Enterprise sales experience in the B2B software sector
- Strong executive presence, ability to effectively interact with executives internal and external to Pendo
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills
- Proven leadership skills in the ability to recruit, mentor, coach and develop employees
- Strong performance management and team building skills
- Experience using sales forecasting tools and driving good sales forecasting hygiene from sales engineers. Ability to inspect technical activity and to discover, report, and help address areas of technical risk
- Ability to communicate technical and business value of Pendo solutions effectively to all prospective stakeholders. MEDDIC sales training a plus
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental and vision coverage for employee
- Open vacation policy
- Beautiful, comfortable, collaborate working spaces in each Pendo location (We are looking forward to returning to our offices soon!)
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.