Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
Grand Rounds is conducting a search for an experienced and highly qualified Vice President of Information Technology and Information Security accountable for defining and delivering IT/InfoSec strategy and capabilities across the enterprise. This includes data analytics and business intelligence, development and support, infrastructure, security and technical services. Reporting to the CTO, this role will be responsible for giving oversight and direction to IT and business leaders on strategy, standards, and opportunities for shared services and economies of scale.
The VP of IT/InfoSec is a key contributor to the company’s strategy and planning process and will be responsible both for IT and InfoSec operations and for technology and digital innovation in each area. It is critical for this role to build strong and productive relationships with all business unit leaders, acting as a true partner and making IT a business enabler.
- As a member of the senior management team, make a key contribution to the formulation of the company’s business and digital strategies.
- Help determine capital investment parameters, priorities and risks for enterprise-wide IT initiatives to maximize the return on investment.
- Develop an IT and InfoSec vision, strategy, and a roadmap, and lead the IT team and its business partners in effective execution.
- Ensure, on an ongoing basis, that current and planned technical architecture, investments and solutions are aligned with company business objectives.
- Prepare and monitor IT and InfoSec operational budgets that meet prevailing objectives and constraints.
- Build strong relationships with business groups and their leaders across the enterprise, and develop a detailed understanding of their issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Implement the most appropriate and effective IT and InfoSec organizational design to support and engage with the business.
- Ensure transparency and collaboration between the IT and InfoSec organization and its business partners.
- Team Development:
- Hire, develop, evaluate, reward, and retain a highly-qualified team of IT and InfoSec professionals.
- Foster a culture of innovation, transparency and accountability in IT and InfoSec.
- Promote a “business-first” mentality at all levels of the IT and InfoSec organizations.
- Ensure that the organization has strong systems analysis and project management skills, and the ability to execute business-critical projects.
- Develop and maintain a plan that provides for succession and continuity in the most critical IT and InfoSec management positions.
- IT and InfoSec Operations:
- Direct the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the computing and security infrastructure that supports the company’s operations and business applications.
- Establish metrics for managing IT and InfoSec effectiveness and for measuring the impact on the business.
- Establish appropriate service levels and the processes to ensure that KPIs are met.
- Maintain oversight of all IT and InfoSec projects, ensuring that commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored and reported.
- Establish a comprehensive enterprise information security program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of relevant data.
- Lead the design and implementation of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Establish and enforce IT and InfoSec policies, processes, portfolio management, development standards and methodologies.
- Monitor the industry for developments in IT and InfoSec operations; evaluate and implement relevant new tools and service management frameworks.
- Review, recommend, and oversee all vendors and managed service agreements for computing, telecommunications, IT services, security, and equipment.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Leadership and Communications:
- Can create a clear strategic vision for information technology that supports business objectives, and can execute on that vision.
- Able to work collaboratively with diverse leaders, communicate an IT and InfoSec vision and strategy across all levels of the organization, and build consensus around key initiatives and projects.
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written; able to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire and motivate a high performing team that values transparency and accountability.
- Possesses exceptional business acumen, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent negotiating skills with internal customers and external service providers.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can handle the unexpected with flexibility.A team player who favors collaborative approaches when working with internal and external partners.
- Proven ability to build trust with others through a commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- A high energy executive; tenacious and passionate about reaching the goal, while keeping ego in check.
- Demonstrated experience driving digital transformation and business growth through innovation and the implementation of technology.
- Possesses solid knowledge in emerging technologies, and the ability to apply these in the service of the company’s key business goals.
- Experience leading complex, major change initiatives; demonstrated skills in change management.
- An entrepreneurial mindset; able and interested to pursue new business opportunities.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Builder of strong technology vendor partnerships, and able to manage multiple vendor relationships to ensure the best performance and financial return.
- Demonstrated experience with SaaS, cloud-based, and outsourced solutions through third party providers.
- IT and InfoSec Operations:
- Knowledge of a range of vendor technology solutions; able to select and integrate the most appropriate technologies to support the business.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement comprehensive approaches to cyber security and risk management.
- Experience designing and managing an effective IT governance framework across the spectrum of IT service delivery.
- Outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- A strong background in operational and capital finances, and IT budget development.
- Understands ITIL and other service management frameworks, and how to scale and implement them.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.