About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to simple and affordable legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 3 million legal documents, and answer over 30,000 legal questions.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About The Role
We're looking for a Vice President & General Manager of Customer Retention to lead our subscriber retention and growth efforts, increasing the lifetime value of our customer base and creating higher customer engagement by developing and executing global programs. As VP & GM, Customer Retention you will lead a team focused on growing and optimizing our consumer and small business customer subscriber base. You will use your expertise in customer engagement and retention to drive Rocket Lawyer's retention strategy, employing a data-driven, strategic mind-set to rapidly develop plans, measure results, and iterate. This role requires strong cross functional leadership with product, design, operations and analytics teams in order to deliver orchestrated customer experiences that create value for our customers and extend paid subscriber lifetime value.
A Day in the Life
- Define the customer retention strategy and programs with the primary goal of retaining and extending the subscriber base
- Use data to identify, test and optimize user retention and extension methods and channels
- Grow the strength of our community and extend subscription length by delivering programs and plans that increase Rocket Lawyer's value to its Customers
- Measure, analyze and report the results of these efforts to inform future growth strategies and product development
- Lead subscription and retention analyses, to identify key issues with subscription churn
- Create initiatives to improve retention
- Define and manage subscription KPIs. Build dashboards for subscription analysis, leveraging both order data and Google Analytics data
- Maintain an excellent understanding of our users and prospective users; discover the core patterns that encourage them to join Rocket Lawyer and remain active.
- Collaborate with product teams to optimize user experience
- Collaborate effectively with teams across the organization (creative, email operations, product managers, business development, UX and customer experience team) to, design, deploy, manage and measure partner programs across channels to improve retention.
- 4-year degree in business administration; MBA preferred
- 8+ years of consumer and/or SMB experience in Internet, SaaS and/or e-commerce
- Proven success in driving retention and extending subscriptions of users in a SaaS model
- Proven track record of delivering results in a dynamic high-growth environment
- Demonstrable interest in learning about user behavior through both quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience with data analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Tableau, etc. – both in terms of setup/maintenance and usage
- Experience in business development, e.g. building partnerships
- Experience leading international programs and working with regional teams preferred
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional role with many dynamic teams (Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Product, Product Marketing, Operations, Engineering, and senior executives)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly present ideas, updates, and results to business partners on various levels
- Natural self-starter with a 'can-do' attitude. Demonstrated ability and self-motivation to excel within an environment of rapid change, growth, mentality and a drive for continuous improvement
- Outstanding team player with a client partnership mindset to interact effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Ability to manage multiple projects and various deadlines simultaneously.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive health plans (including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full-time employees)
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive salary packages
- 401k program
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter/Transit Program
- Your choice of a MAC or PC
- Monthly onsite masseuse sessions
- Weekly Friday catered lunches
- Company sponsored events, both on- and off-site