Poll Everywhere is seeking an experienced finance leader to take our financial infrastructure and FP&A capabilities to the next level. This is a hands-on role that will help shape our future.
Poll Everywhere is a healthy, profitable, and organically-grown company located in the heart of San Francisco. We've been proudly bootstrapped for more than a decade and in this role, you will be responsible for helping usher in the next plateau of growth. As a company we value data, authenticity, autonomy, care in your work and interactions, and a growth mindset.
Our clients range from individual educators looking to engage their students, to flagship companies such as Google, TED, Starbucks, and more. These people put their trust in us when they go on stage, and we're both humbled and driven by that commitment. It's at the heart of everything we do.
- Lead financial planning and analysis to provide strategic decision support to company leadership
- Manage budgeting and planning, forecasting, financial modeling, and reporting; own financial modeling as required
- Oversee the company's accounting function, including revenue management, payables, A/R and collections, costing, asset management, and taxes
- Manage external service providers related to the finance function
- Own standard financial statements, including balance sheet, P&L, and statement of cash flows and prepare required materials for meetings, reports, and filings (e.g., 409a valuation)
- Accurately present and manage current and future cash position
- Oversee and recommend efficient use and implementation of accounting and billing systems and controls
- Track the company's core financial metrics and make recommendations for driving improvements
- Use data to drive decisions; support and enable reporting, distribution of data, and analysis of key business metrics
- Embody and reinforce our employee values as a leader within the company
- 6+ years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in accounting principles, practices, and workflows; ideal candidate will be familiar with cash- and accrual-based methods and companies that have made that transition
- Experience in control activities is preferred
- Working knowledge of SaaS financial metrics and experience reporting and analyzing metrics to drive business impact
- Advanced proficiency in a data analytics tool (e.g., Excel)
- Familiarity with SaaS accounting and billing systems
- Problem solving skills and dexterity with data and insights
- Collaborative team orientation to getting things done
- Excellent written and verbal communication with experience presenting the right level of detail for the right audiences
- Business savvy and operational awareness in all recommendations
- Sound judgment and keen ability to prioritize based on impact and effort