VP of Engineering (Remote ok)
Over the past decade, millions of Americans have been forced to put their dreams of homeownership on hold. Home prices have outpaced wage growth while mortgage requirements continue to tighten. As a result, renters are missing out on a critical wealth-building opportunity: owning a home.
At Divvy, we're building an on-ramp to homeownership – one that's more affordable, more flexible, and an overall better fit for the modern American family – and it’s working.
We’re looking to hire a senior leader to become our VP of Engineering and help scale our growing company. In this role, you'll oversee the engineering org, with responsibility for partnering with product and executing on the roadmap, hiring and scaling the team, and driving engineering excellence across the company. The org is currently aligned into four domains, though the structure of the org is open to change as the team and company grow:
1. Channels - owning the development of product for our channel partners (agents)
2. Consumer - owning the development of the consumer facing aspects of our product: the application, home shopping/searching, payments, etc.
3. Operations - owning the development of internal facing product to help scale the operations of our offers, closings, buybacks, etc. teams
4. Capital - owning the product required to manage the flow of money: home purchases, rent, debt payments
Your day to day will include:
1. Auditing our existing SDLC and associated processes
2. Auditing the team composition and structure
3. Augmenting our development processes to help drive execution and quality
4. Partnering with product and design to ensure cross-team alignment and collaboration
5. Mentoring and developing the engineering managers and engineers
The team is currently 16 engineer with 3 engineering managers overseeing the 4 teams. We expect the VP of Engineering to grow this team to around 30 engineers by the end of the year, including the addition of some more specialized roles such as data engineering.
The ideal candidate will have a technical background, coupled with years of management and scaling experience, and ideally prior board exposure. Strong yet flexible perspectives on development processes and patterns with an emphasis on quality and execution. Finally, a strong history of hiring and retaining senior talent desired.
You will report into the co-founder/CTO and have frequent exposure to executive team, board, and investors.
- Auditing our existing SDLC, associated processes, and team structure
- Augmenting our development processes to help drive execution and quality
- Partnering with product and design to ensure cross-team alignment and collaboration
- Mentoring and developing the engineering managers and engineers
- Growing our team from 16 engineers to 30+
- You have 5+ years of experience in managing engineering teams
- You have managed and grown a team over 20 engineers
- You have managed managers and growing engineering organizations
- You have a background in engineering
- You demonstrate the ability to clearly communicate
- Bonus points for executive or board level experience
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, commuter)
- Diverse, smart, and witty co-workers
- Divvy is a remote friendly company and all jobs are open to be remote if you choose not to be based in one of our HQ locations of SF or Denver
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We prioritize a commitment to diversity in our team building process. We enthusiastically encourage individuals from a variety of lived experiences to reach out.