We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
Our team is building a self driving truck intended for long haul highway routes.
Our goal is to prevent the 4,000 fatalities a year caused by truck accidents, reduce the 50,000 truck driver shortage, and make moving goods across the country twice as fast and half as expensive, improving the efficiency of the entire economy.
Our team became the first ever to drive an automated truck coast to coast in February 2018 and we were the first to start moving real freight for customers last fall on a 650 mile stretch of highway from California to Texas.
We are looking for experienced drivers to join our growing team.
- Ensuring safe operation of autonomous semi trucks
- Complete driving reports, procedures, and tests in order to collect data to improve the technology
- Provide essential feedback on system performance to the team
- Valid California CDL
- Clean driving record with 5+ years of experience
- Willing to work occasional nights & weekends
- An interest in autonomous technology
- Job Type: Full-time
- $90,000/year (Guaranteed yearly salary)
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k plan
- Flexible paid-vacation from the start
- Working in fast-growing startup (w/ Equity)
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks!
When you apply, address the application to Michael and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights:
Embark Blog - Series C and Transfer Hubs
Forbes - 70 Million Dollar Series C
Video - Day in the life of a self-driving truck
Embark Blog - Disengagement Report
30 Million Dollar Series B led by Sequoia