Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof. We are scaling our hardware engineering team and looking for a world-class Technical Program Manager with experience and expertise in delivering scalable hardware solutions from concept to design to production. As an early member of our engineering team, you’ll have a key role in building the future of healthcare from first principles.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), Joshua Kushner (Oscar co-Founder) and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
You can read our story here or check out a quick YouTube video.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Tackle problems on the boundary of software, hardware, and the real world.
- Own process development, design verification, quality control, vendor relationships, project planning and risk mitigation across many of Forward’s devices.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure your team delivers safe, functional, reliable, and efficient hardware solutions at a high velocity.
- Anticipate and address technical challenges in your areas via thoughtful tactical execution, strategic long-term planning, and architectural decisions
- Work with top-tier leaders from places like Google, Amazon, Uber, and Airbnb.
- Travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners, as needed.
- Your work will directly contribute to saving and improving people’s lives. For real. :)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Impact - You’re deeply mission-driven and you think there’s more to life than software that enables puppy ears to be superimposed on photos. Although we concede those are cute.
- Program management - You are an expert at working with cross functional teams to scope, plan and coordinate the entire hardware development lifecycle. You can deal with a lot of ambiguity and synthesize large amounts of information into a clear story that keeps everyone aligned.
- Technical chops - You have a deep understanding of hardware engineering to influence prototype designs, sensor selection, architectural decisions, vendor identification, test plans, safety requirements and material choices.
- Entrepreneurship - You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission - you’re too busy making things happen.
- Team player - You know how to make those around you better and feed off their energy. You take care of your teammates.
- Curiosity - You like to mess around with computer vision, hardware hacking, or bioinformatics in your free time? You built a logistics management system for your friend’s wedding or a non-profit organization? Boy have we got some fun things for you…
- You have a BS or MS in mechanical/electrical engineering or a related field with 2+ years as a Technical Program Manager.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
The healthcare industry is broken. We refuse to just move dollars around the healthcare industry. We will rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You will be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past century. You will work with an expert, highly curated team who not only want to use their talents for good, but in a meaningful, scalable, and sustainable way that will yield global impact. We won’t finish until a billion people have access to the highest quality healthcare.
Forward was founded in January, 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), Joshua Kushner (Oscar co-Founder) and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
You can read our story here and some recent press USA Today,Forbes &TechCrunch.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.