We’re here to create a safer, happier and more mindful future for all with the help of data science, engineering, design, and mobile technology. We're starting by reinventing insurance, by rethinking the technologies that enable it, but our true goal is to build a platform that rewards people for driving well — creating safer roads with fewer accidents in the process.
Backed by impressive funding, we're poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar category, and that’s just the beginning. We’re using rich customer insights, advanced technology and data science to build our cloud-native InsurTech solution, and other things we haven’t even dreamt up yet. We're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level. But the key to us being successful in our mission isn’t just about nailing the technology—it’s about hiring the talented people who can help us make a quantifiable impact in the world. We’re growing our world-class team.
And that’s where you come in.
We're seeking someone to join our growing product team. This opportunity sits at the nexus of our company and requires someone that can work across varied disciplines, balance priorities, and sequence delivery to support new and existing solutions. Strong technical understanding and attention to detail are must-haves. You’ll be paired up with and report to a Product Director to make sure you have the support you need to excel.
If you're a great PO looking for a growth role in the early stages of an InsurTech startup that’s doing more than insurance, this is it.
Join us, and let’s build the HiRoad.
- Set long-term roadmap and short term deliverables for your owned product area
- Manage scope, prioritize trade-offs, define goals, set priorities and oversee a backlog of features from story to acceptance throughout the Agile software development lifecycle
- Coordinate development efforts, timelines, deliverables with other product owners and project managers
- Collaborate with engineering, data science and insurance teams on detailed and complex requirements with a solid technical understanding
- Help set tactical day-to-day priorities for engineering, UX, and design and marketing teams
- Make and communicate decisions based on data and evidence; enable data collection for analysis in your assigned product area
- Analyze competitive offerings for your assigned product area
- Work with internal stakeholders and the Customer Insights team to determine customers' needs and desires
- Communicate strategy, priorities, and roadmap to all relevant participants and stakeholders
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to prototype, test, learn and create compelling experiences
- Able to take products and features from concept to launch and support them in market
- Support product directors
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years experience in a similar/complementary role for a cloud-based or software-as-a-service product line
- Demonstrated understanding of United States P&C insurance market and regulatory environment
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment as a Product Owner
- Comfortable with a multi-stakeholder environment, creating consensus and making timely decisions as needed
- Strong understanding of software development in at least two of the following areas: cloud-based infrastructure, API and back end services, analytics, automated testing
- High degree of analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient in all things Atlassian- most notably Jira
- A world-class technology, design, and product team
- Hard workers, that also respect families, hobbies, and other commitments.
- Passionate believers in making the world a better place with the products and services we create.
- What we need: please submit a resume and a brief but compelling cover letter. (Candidates missing any of these will not be considered.)
- Salary: we invest in first-rate people and pay top-of-market salary for most positions, factoring in experience and talent.
- Benefits: full benefits; wellness reimbursement & on-site shower, four weeks of PTO + 6 weeks of paid parental leave (12 weeks for parents who give birth); panoramic views, and more.
- Location: near Montgomery BART station, San Francisco, California. Locals preferred, but relocation within the US considered for outstanding candidates
BlueOwl, LLC is an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.