Technical Editor, Developer Center
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Technical Editor to join our Developer Center team. In this role, you will have a significant impact on our business as you enhance the first impression new developers have of AWS and how experienced developers make the most out of AWS services and products. Developer Center is the starting point for most current and new users of AWS -- it’s where people come to discover AWS services, learn about the cloud, and improve their skills. AWS has the most services, and features within those services, compared to any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies to emerging technologies, the AWS platform is always innovating with the customer in mind.
You have an “anything is possible” and “less is more” mindset. You are a team player who loves working with writers to produce content that is clear, useful, compelling, and consistent with the AWS style guide. You are proud of your work, your skills and expertise – but you're not cynical, inflexible or only about the one right way to solve a problem. You want to be part of something great and work with a highly collaborative and high-energy team that isn't afraid to swing for the fences and exceed expectations even on the most tactical projects. You are passionate and curious. You relentlessly work to do what is right for AWS's developers. You will work on overlapping projects, so you are good at multi-tasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing yourself to ensure you deliver on your commitments.
· Edit technical documentation such as guides and tutorials for the AWS Developer Center to ensure they are made for real people: clear, useful, and compelling.
· Work closely with writers, developers, and product managers to maintain high standards of content and metadata; share feedback and advice
· Makes sure all Dev Center content is consistent with the AWS style guide, providing style and usage guidance for writers and others
· Work across teams to bring best in class educational and on-boarding materials for AWS’s developers
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and collaborate regularly to help you meet your goals. Whether you want to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people are growing together.
We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. It’s not about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life.
This position is based in the Bay Area (SF or Palo Alto, CA), but remote candidates will be considered. You will also collaborate with other AWS team members across the country.
· 2+ years of experience as a technical editor of technical and educational documentation
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
· A proactive attitude and a focus on resolving problems and delivering results
· Experience working closely with software development, developer advocacy or solution architect teams
· Experience using a Documentation as a Code system (for example markdown+git)
· Advanced grammar skills and strong attention to detail
· Experience creating and driving content architecture requirements for diverse content types, including UI text, documentation, and reference content; content audit and gap analysis
· Experience implementing metadata standards, taxonomies, and search keyword strategies for improved content discoverability and consistency
· Experience designing and implementing an editorial approach for a new or existing technology or product
· Passionate about improving customer experiences by applying practical information architecture principles to technical documentation
· Degree in English, Technical Communication, Information Management, or related experience
· Program management skills
· Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
· Experience managing multiple schedules and projects