1. a tech company changing the way the world reads
2. a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
At Scribd, our mission is to change the way the world reads by offering a huge diversity of content, in all formats, within a single subscription. Our content library offers over 1M ebooks, 150K audiobooks and 80M user uploaded documents in several languages. We are profitable with over 100M monthly uniques and 1M paying subscribers globally, majority of our users coming from outside the US.
This is our first dedicated Partnerships hire, reporting directly into the VP, Business Development. The BD team at Scribd works on spectrum of opportunities from near-term product partnerships to speculative moonshot projects. You'll own the entire deal process from opportunity sizing to execution, collaborating cross-functionally and working closely with members of the Leadership team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Run the entire deal process from opportunity sizing, identifying partners, running due diligence, structuring deal terms, reviewing contracts and executing agreements, all the way through implementation.
• Work closely with product, engineering, marketing and business analytics teams to translate business goals into the right user experience and go-to-market plans.
• Develop a deep understanding of our audience, use cases and value stack to inform partnership priorities and strategy.
• Ability to quickly get up to speed on new focus areas, develop a plan and process, proactively communicate progress and updates.
• Roll up your sleeves to get things done.
• 3+ years of direct work experience in strategic partnerships or business development.
• Solid understanding of key levers and variables in structuring complex deals. Experience with digital subscriptions is a plus.
• Mastery at leveraging data to prioritize and size deals, build an ROI forecast model.
• Ability to thrive with minimal guidance and oversight.
• Ability to clearly articulate potential value partner prop to executives and cross-functional teams - product, engineering, customer success, legal, finance, marketing.
• MBA, prior product or technical experience is a plus.
Why we work here
• We are located in downtown San Francisco, within walking distance of Caltrain and BART
• Health benefits: 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
• Generous PTO policy plus we close for the last week in December
• 401k matching
• Paid Parental leave
• Monthly wellness budget and fully paid membership to our onsite fitness facility
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
• Apple laptops and any equipment you want to customize your work station
• Free Scribd membership and a yearly reading stipend!
• Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Santa Cruz, bowling, arcades, geocaching, ropes courses, etc.)
In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team at https://www.scribd.com/about
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.