To date, Everlane has built a strong brand, driven primarily by its online presence. We approach retail with the same sense of purpose and attention to detail that our apparel team applies to every product we develop. This year, we are accelerating our growth and bringing more physical stores to our customers – adding to the two successful locations we have in New York and San Francisco. We are looking for a world-class Development Project Manager to lead delivery of multiple projects across the country.
You’ll be directly responsible for realizing progressive design and accomplishing challenging scope. You’ll connect diverse teams of professionals, solve complex problems and, of course, hit deadlines and meet budgets. You’ll be personally representing Everlane on the ground from store design through construction to store opening ensuring that Everlane’s high standards for store experience are met.
This role is based in the San Francisco office and reports directly to the Director of Retail Store Design and Construction. Join our mission and be part of a team that’s reimagining retail and innovating new ways we can bring an already established brand to the physical world.
- Independently manage the development, design and construction processes for multiple, concurrent projects throughout North America
- Oversee and regularly review design and construction documents, shop drawings, etc.; becoming intimately familiar with a focus on consistently improving our store delivery process
- Partner with store experience team to ensure that stores are cultivated consistent with design standards, regularly providing buildability feedback to support thoughtful updates
- Partner with the finance, accounting and estimating teams to guide design via frequent updates to conceptual budget
- Hire, partner with, and lead our consultant teams through a successful documentation period process ensuring both brand standards and schedule are upheld
- Manage landlord communications and approvals
- Prepare bid packages, negotiate scope, level & validate bids, award & administer contracts and hold contractors & vendors accountable
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all store-level design and construction partners
- Lead weekly meetings with the design and construction teams and own progress communication with external partners
- Provide clear, regular communication of project status to cross-functional internal teams through the entire store development process, clearly communicating any potential project issues along with potential solutions for resolution
- Track and manage final approval, inspections and permits required to open each project
- Create and manage independent project schedules, setting clear expectations for key stakeholders and track delivery against project plan
- Create detailed and accurate project budgets and timelines and track to them loyally through project completion
- Administrate an expedient and effective project close-out process and oversee acquisition of any tenant allowance where applicable
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Construction Management, Architecture, Interior Design or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of store project management with at least 3 years of increasing experience directly managing high-touch retail projects
- Experience managing $1M+ construction budgets
- Prior experience managing 4+ projects simultaneously
- Expert communicator - capable of navigating and connecting diverse internal and external teams, ensuring timely and detailed communication of critical information
- Proficient in scheduling and budgeting
- Fluent in Excel and/or Smartsheet, and Google Suite. AutoCAD or other CAD software a plus
- Able to travel up to 25% of individual project construction duration
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,300,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.