To assist Executive Chef with supervision, coordination and food production of the kitchen to ensure cost effective production of the highest quality food and maintain high sanitary standards following health department regulations. Work hours/days vary as dictated by business needs, and include weekends and holidays.
- Manage and ensure proper operation of a la carte kitchen and banquets.
- Assist in hiring kitchen staff with the assistance of the Executive Chef and Human Resources.
- Monitor and enforce hotel policies and procedures pertaining to food and beverage staff.
- Participate in the cooking process from production to execution, working any position necessary.
- Ensure that schedule is followed.
- Assist with inventories, purchasing and disbursement of all food, paper goods, chemicals and other food related products.
- Monitor guest satisfaction levels, in terms of quality, value, variety and timeliness.
- Assist Executive Chef with writing and planning of menus for restaurant, banquets, holiday's or other special events.
- Assist with controlling food costs by purchasing wisely, pricing appropriately, portioning accurately, and limiting waste.
- Manage proper requisitioning of necessary supplies through use of purchase orders.
- Ensure all equipment for the kitchens are maintained and stored properly.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of all positions supervised.
- Maintain high level of sanitation as prescribed by local health department and company standards.
- Assist and implement promotional programs on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor inventory to ensure that stock is rotated properly to avoid loss due to spoilage and ensure reusable items are returned to stock.
- Attend all departmental and organizational meetings.
- Assist in the training and supervision of all kitchen staff.
- Help maintain budgeted numbers for labor, food and other related operating supplies as it pertains to budget.
- Coordinate kitchen operations with restaurant managers, Banquet Manager, other hotel managers and outside vendors.
- Assist with counseling, coaching and development of kitchen staff.
- Assist in training of wait staff regarding ingredients, kitchen procedures and table service.
- Review and evaluate culinary and stewards on a regular basis as designated by hotel policy.
- Participate in hotel recycling program.
- All other duties as assigned by the General Manager and Executive Chef.
- Conduct and attend meetings on a regular basis to maintain favorable working relationships among company employees and promote maximum morale, productivity and efficiency.
- Maintain safe work environment free of hazards and take necessary steps to correct any issues immediately.