Ike’s mission is to make trucks safer, truckers more valuable, and trucking more efficient. We are bringing together the world’s leading experts in transportation and robotics to transform the way the world moves and build a real commercial product at scale.
About Your Role
You will be a key contributor on a small, collaborative team focused on one of the most exciting robotics applications today. Our Software Engineering team is expanding and looking for an experienced Software Operations Engineer. In this impactful role, you will collaborate closely with the AV Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, and Simulation teams to develop a strong suite of tests for the Ike AV stack.
About Your Work
- Focus on simulation scenario design and execution by working closely with our systems and AV engineers to build a comprehensive test suite
- Use your creativity and critical thinking skills to build simulation scenarios relevant to AV functionality
- Collaborate with engineering stakeholders on designing and executing test plans for the AV software
- Build scripts and tools around creation and maintenance of offline simulation scenarios for structured testing and contribute to other software projects related to our team
- Work with relevant stakeholders to develop/improve operational process quality and efficiency
- Work fast and smart, and collaborate well with team members to find novel solutions to complex operational and technical problems
- Technically savvy with a degree or relevant experience in engineering, game design, math, or similar technical field
- Relevant experience in one or multiple of the following areas: video game level design, robotics simulation, AV behavior & data triage, etc.
- Comfort using and navigating visual/spatial software in 2D and 3D
- Comfort with basic engineering math, physics, and statistics and can apply them as necessary to real world situations involving vehicles
- Experience with Python and/or C++ to help drive tooling, evaluation framework development, and to compute/evaluate metrics
- Proficiency with Linux command line interface and git commands
- A knack and passion for figuring things out; you are always looking for ways to make our tools and processes better and more efficient
- Positive attitude, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
Ike is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees. We never discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, marital status or disability status.