Debt collection is failing consumers. Every year, 77 million Americans have negative experiences with the collections process, and they deserve a better approach - one that is more relevant, more digital, and less abrasive. That’s why banks, lenders, and industry leaders are coming to TrueAccord for innovative solutions recovering outstanding receivables.
TrueAccord is a category-defining company. We combine machine learning with a human based approach to assist both clients and consumers through a challenging financial process. With a world-class leadership team, passionate and driven team members, and a diverse and growing client base, TrueAccord is well positioned for continued success. Come join our team and disrupt a multi-billion dollar industry that's been waiting for change.
The Role Summary:
TrueAccord’s business has grown tremendously in the past few years as has the team and our requirements. Our Engineering team is facing multiple, interesting challenges through significant growth in the past year, supporting both client and consumer-facing products, scaling various system components, improving our data pipeline, upgrading legacy frameworks, all while continuing to launch new features and maintaining existing ones. We are looking for an exceptional Engineering Manager to lead one of our engineering teams, working closely with Product Managers to deliver a roadmap.
This is a highly visible, demanding role that juggles working with internal stakeholders, supporting internal and external developers, and constantly improving stability for our existing products and client integrations. If you are passionate about maintaining high code velocity with high quality, coaching and growing team members, and having high visibility to our revenue organization, this is the role for you.
- Manage one or more engineering teams.
- Work closely with Product Management, define and execute product strategy
- Provide technical strategy and direction to the team.
- Be a player-coach, passionate about coding and building products on your own and together with others
- Make sure your team is effective and happy
- Maintain and constantly improve our existing infrastructure
- Work closely with our TPMs, client partners and stakeholders to understand requirements and resolve client issues in a timely manner
- Work with the Product and Data teams on a roadmap to continue to scale our servicing capabilities
- Ensure quality is built in, write tests and promote pairing
- Establish a sense of urgency and direction, set expectations with team and individuals
- Contribute to overall engineering initiatives including recruiting
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Three to five years of managing engineering teams, and a passion for managing and growing talent
- Strong hands-on experience as a software engineer with proficiency in at least one major language like Scala or Java on a modern stack
- Good communicator, able and interested in working cross functionally with client-facing stakeholders
- Experience in the DevOps pipeline including CI/CD, AWS, Jenkins
- Demonstrable attention to quality, experience in writing unit tests, and ability to deliver high quality code (having done so in a regulated environment is a plus)
- Interested in driving for architectural improvements and automation to drive better throughout
- You enjoy learning and diving into the deepest levels of how things work
- Want to make a difference at a growing customer-focused start-up
What TrueAccord offers you + Culture & Benefits
TrueAccord is headquartered in San Francisco and has a newly opened a location of excellence in Lenexa, KS. We offer a healthy work environment that continuously builds an inclusive and diverse culture where everyone is able to develop the best version of themselves. We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change.
*** Generous paid time off
*** Paid training
*** We promote work/life harmony
*** Paid holidays
*** Health, dental and vision benefits
*** 401K with matching
Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueAccord is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this make us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.