Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof. We are scaling our engineering team and looking for world-class engineering managers to support this growth. As an early member of our engineering team, you’ll have a key role in building the future of healthcare from first principles.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), Joshua Kushner (Oscar co-Founder) and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
You can read our story here or check out a quick YouTube video.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Tackle problems on the boundary of software, hardware, and the real world.
- Grow and develop an incredible team of mission-driven engineers with high expectations around ownership and impact.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure your team delivers extraordinary output at a high velocity.
- Anticipate and address technical challenges in your areas via thoughtful tactical execution, strategic long-term planning, and architectural decisions.
- Work with top-flight leaders from places like Google, Amazon, Uber, and Airbnb.
- Your work will directly contribute to saving and improving people’s lives. For real. :)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Impact - You’re deeply mission-driven and you think there’s more to life than software that enables puppy ears to be superimposed on photos. Although we concede those are cute.
- Technical leader - You have a proven track record of leading and growing engineering teams, with an eye for scalable architectures and technical excellence. You promote a collaborative culture, and know how to make your team and those around you better.
- Product passion - You care about the bits your team ships ending up in users’ hands. You don’t really need a product manager because you’re basically one yourself.
- Entrepreneurship - You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission - you’re too busy making things happen.
- Curiosity - You like to mess around with hardware hacking, computer vision, or bioinformatics in your free time? You made your own smart mirror? Boy have we got some fun things for you…
- You have a BS or MS in computer science or a related field with a minimum 5 years of industry experience and 2 years as an engineering manager
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.